The 2015 Winners Are:
- First Prize: Huguenot.jpg by Leanri van Heerden
- Second Prize: CT City Hall with Palms by Magemu
- Third Prize: CT City Hall Auditorium from Balcony by Magemu
- Since we had no submissions in the category Best media/video documenting a heritage site (national) prize it was decided to award this prize in the form of a third prize place instead.
- Best Photographic Submission in the Western Cape: Huguenot.jpg by Leanri van Heerden
- Best use on of WLM submissions on Wikipedia: Moltenodam (Af.Wikipedia) by LiebeB
- Best use of WLM content to document heritages sites in the Western Cape on Wikipedia: Auwal Mosque by Knyzna1
The award ceremony will take place at 6pm on Saturday the 28th November 2015 at TwentyFifty, 2nd Floor, 8 Spin Street, Cape Town. Congratulations to our winners!
This year 424 photographs were submitted to Wiki Loves Monuments South Africa by 40 participants. We would like to thank each of the participants that submitted photographs in the 2015 competition. Although this is the last Wiki Loves Monuments competition in South Africa for the foreseeable future we are planning to have another Wiki Loves competition focusing on a different topic in 2016.
- You can view all of the photographs submitted during Wiki Loves Monuments South Africa 2015 on Wikimedia Commons here.
- You can view all of the photographs submitted globally during 2015 on Wikimedia Commons here.
This year a grand total of 242,344 photographs were submitted by 7,498 participants from all over the world totalling 1,287.9 gigabytes of submitted pictures. This is a decrease from last year's 369,589 photographs that were submitted globally in 2013 submitted by 11,943.