The 2014 Winners Are:
- First Prize: Women's Memorial Under Rainy Sky by Leanri van Heerden
- Second Prize: R Aspeling Union Buildings by Robbie Aspeling
- Third Prize: Old Dovecote. Farm Onverwacht, (Die Bos), Somerset West. by Chris Snelling
- Best Picture of a Proposed Monument: Anglo Boer War Memorial by Vicki Pilcher
- 2nd Best Picture of a Proposed Monument: Shepherds hut, West Coat National Park by Lucinda jolly
- Best Submission – Western Cape: Middle North Battery Simon's Town 9 inch Gun firing 24th September 2014 by Shane Swartz
- 2nd Best Submission – Western Cape: Verloren Vlei Heritage Village, Elands Bay 3 by Andrew Hall
Congratulations to our winners!
This year 4013 photographs were submitted to Wiki Loves Monuments South Africa. This is a slight decrease from the 6,432 that were submitted last year but we are very happy with what seems to be the much higher quality of this year's submissions. We would like to thank each of the 94 participants that submitted photographs in 2014.
If you missed this year's competition or would like to participate again in next year's competition then start taking photographs now to submit in Wiki Loves Monuments 2015 in September 2015.
- You can view all of the photographs submitted during Wiki Loves Monuments South Africa 2014 on Wikimedia Commons here.
- You can view all of the photographs submitted globally during 2014 on Wikimedia Commons here.
This year a grand total of 242,344 photographs were submitted by 7,498 participants from all over the world totalling 1,287.9 gigabytes of submitted pictures. This is a decrease from last year's 369,589 photographs that were submitted globally in 2013 submitted by 11,943.