A few enhancements requests
Hi Guys, I think we need to add abit of the following to enhance the page.
1) We need to hide the title of the main page. There is a link here on how to do it, its just too technical for me. When one of you gets it, please show me how, as I would like to implement on the Xitsonga wikipedia too.
2) The main page must be protected from Edit by other users except registered ones. Which brings me to the issue of user registration limit. How do we restrict user registration?
3) We also have to customize the side bar links to something meaningful to the competition like they did with the wikimania main page.
- I've started work on the main page. I am hoping that our members will be able to help in killing the red links on the main page. Also we will have to grant them Admin rights as I have protected most pages. -- Thuvack (talk) 21:45, 10 June 2012 (SAST)
Tweets and FB
This link shows mediawiki extensions that we can use to enable/add facebook burton and live tweets to our page. This link shows a wiki that uses these widgets. Unfortunately I facebook occassionaly and dont tweet at all, so we are going to need someone to create and run WLM-ZA facebook page and Tweeter handles. Any takers? --Thuvack (talk) 16:24, 12 June 2012 (SAST)
Link to Wiki Commons
Could some one please add a link to Wikimedia Commons create user account page on the Rules section of this page? I would do it my self but do not yet have editing rights to it. Cheers --Discott (talk) 08:09, 28 June 2012 (SAST)
- We already have a link to WLM at commons and a link for the international website. Please see the Useful Links section on the bottom-right of the main page.--Thuvack (talk) 20:37, 28 June 2012 (SAST)
- I hope you don't mind but I have gone ahead and added the link to wikimedia commons. I just think that we and any one interested in participating can only benefit from attempts to make the process of participating, of which signing up on commons is a part of, as easy as possible. --Discott (talk) 22:43, 28 June 2012 (SAST)