FSMonuments

From Wiki Loves Monuments
Jump to: navigation, search

We have created a lists for National monuments and provincial monuments below. The lists of monuments have been created for each Province and show all the registered monuments in that specific province.




SAHRA-ID Site name Location Town Erf number Map Significance Heritage status Image on Commons
The Burgher monument, Boomplaats, Edenburg District Edenburg 540 Not on file Provincial
2/0/BEH/6 1 Olivier Street 1 Olivier Street, Kestell, Bethlehem District Kestell Register
9/2/300/0001 Wolhuterskop-Zuid Farmhouse and outbuildings, Wolhuterskop-Zuid, Bethlehem District 670 Coordinates The original portion of the sandstone homestead was according to oral traditional erected in about 1850 by Philip Roedolf Fourie, the first owner of Wolhuterskop. Once restored the homestead, outbuildings and cemetery can serve as a fine example of a typ Provisional Protection
9/2/300/0003 2 Olivier Street, Kestell 2 Olivier Street, Kestell, Bethlehem District Kestell 228 Provincial
9/2/300/0004 Wooden Spoon Braairestaurant Wooden Spoon Braairestaurant, 12 Church Street, Bethlehem Bethlehem 152 Coordinates "This ""Tuishuisie"" is the oldest existing building in Bethlehem and was presumably erected before 1880." Provincial
9/2/300/0005 St Andrew's Presbyterian Church St Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 144 Cambridge Street, Bethlehem Bethlehem 306 Coordinates This sandstone building is typical of the English church architecture found earlier in most Free Sta Provincial
9/2/300/0006 Preekstoelrots Preekstoelrots, Narwanda, Bethlehem District 351 This rock derives its name from its distinctive form. It also has historical significance because of Provincial
9/2/300/0008 AB Baartman Wagon-house A B Baartman Wagon House, Muller and Landdros Streets, Bethlehem Bethlehem 232 This sandstone wagon-house with its corrugated iron roof and loft was erected in 1894 by A.A. Baartm Provincial
9/2/300/0009 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church, Church Square, Bethlehem Bethlehem 1427 The cornerstone of this impressive sandstone church building, which was designed by the Revd. J. D. Kestell, was laid by President M. T. Steyn on 12 April 1910. The church was inaugurated on 18 February 1911.The Basuto War (1865-66) Memorial was erected i Provincial
9/2/300/0010 Die Huisie Klei-oond Restaurant 14 President Burgers Street, Bethlehem Bethlehem 209 This cottage, of which the original portion was erected just after the Second Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902), is an excellent example of a town house at the turn of the century. Provincial
9/2/300/0013 St Augustine Anglican Church St Augustine Anglican Church, 34 Louw Street, Bethlehem Bethlehem 2220 Coordinates This church was completed on 1928-08-26 Provincial
9/2/300/0016 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Van Riebeeck Street, Kestell, Bethlehem District Kestell 144 This impressive sandstone church with its Byzantine and neoclassical elements was designed by the well-known architect Gerhard Moerdyk and erected by the builder F. Barker. This church, which is one of the largest stone churches in South Africa, was offic Provincial
9/2/300/0017 Strapp's Shop Strapp's Shop, 18 Church Street, Bethlehem Bethlehem 155 Provincial
9/2/300/0018 Pretoriuskloof Nature Reserve Pretoriuskloof Nature Reserve, Bethlehem Bethlehem 152; 1669; 1678; 3023; 228; 587. Pretoriuskloof is a nature reserve for birds and small game. The original fountain from which the fi Provincial
9/2/300/0018-001 Loch Athlone Dam Wall Loch Athlone Dam Wall, Pretoriuskloof Nature Reserve, Bethlehem Bethlehem Provincial
9/2/300/0019 Civic Centre Town Hall, 20-22 Muller Street, Bethlehem Bethlehem 9, 9a, 10, 19a, 19b, 20 Coordinates The red brick building with its sandstone detail which was designed by F W Masey, was erected in 1930-1931. It is one of the most impressive town halls, built in the Free State and a landmark in Bethlehem. Provincial
9/2/300/0020 The Seminary The Seminary, Wessels Street, Bethlehem Bethlehem 542 This impressive sandstone building was erected in 1894 by the Dutch-Reformed Church to house the girls’ school known as the Seminary. Since 1903 the building has been used as a girls’ hostel by the co-educational Government school, except for a period of Provincial
9/2/300/0021 Old Magistrate's Court Old Magistrate's Court, Louw Street, Bethlehem Bethlehem 165 This sandstone building, the cornerstone of which was laid on 16 January 1893 by F. W. Reitz, State President of the Orange Free State, is an excellent example of the old Republican style of architecture, which was strongly influenced by the Renaissance s Provincial
9/2/300/0023-001 Library Library, Market Street West, Clarens Clarens 318 Register
9/2/300/0023-002 Methodist Church Methodist Church, Bester Street, Clarens Clarens 226 Register
9/2/300/0023-003 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Main Street, Clarens Clarens 512 Register
9/2/300/0023-004 Primary school building Primary school building, Main Street, Clarens Clarens 64 Register
9/2/300/0026 Old Dutch Reformed Mission Church Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mission Church, Muller Street, Bethlehem Bethlehem 2563 The foundation stone of this church was laid on 22 December 1906 and the building was taken into use in 1909. It was only the second D.R. Mission Church to be erected in the Orange Free State. Provincial
9/2/300/0031 Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mission Church parsonage Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mission Church parsonage, President Boshoff Street, Bethlehem Bethlehem The mission house derives its significance from its association with a religious figure, Rev. H.A. Roux who established himself in 1899 at Bethlehem as the first missionary of the Dutch Reformed Church in the town. He bought the erf with the original thr Provincial
9/2/300/0032 Technical College Bethlehem Main Building, Technical College Bethlehem, Wessels Street, Bethlehem Bethlehem Provincial
9/2/300/0033 Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church parsonage Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church parsonage, Main Street, Clarens Clarens 512 Register
9/2/301/0002 Concentration Camp Cemetery Concentration Camp Cemetery, Bethulie Bethulie 303/THE TOWNLANDS OF BETHULIE/RE Provincial
9/2/301/0007 Memorial and grave of Louw Wepener Memorial and grave of Louw Wepener, Constantia, Bethulie District 457 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/301/0009 Pelissier House Museum Pellissier House Museum, Voortrekker Street, Bethulie Bethulie 807 This building was erected during the period 1834 to 1835 by the Rev. Jean Pierre Pellissier of the Paris Evangelical Missionary Society. It is one of the oldest existing buildings in the Orange Free State and dates from the period when missionary work mad Provincial
9/2/301/0013 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Grey Street, Bethulie Bethulie 819 This impressive T-formed church building with its Neo- Gothic features is one of the oldest existing Provincial
9/2/302/0001-001 Historic tree-garden Historic tree-garden, President Brand Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Provincial
9/2/302/0001-005 First University Building First University Building, University of the Orange Free State, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 7596 This small red-brick building was erected at the turn of the last century to serve as additional classrooms for Grey College from January 1904 to December 1907 the building served as the first headquarters of Grey University College. Provincial
9/2/302/0002-001 Sannaspos Battlefield Sannaspos Battlefield, Ahmetnagher, Bloemfontein District 2613 At this site along the Koringspruit, Gen. C. R. de Wet, Chief Commandant of the Orange Free State Commandos, outmaneuvered the British forces under Brig. Gen. R. G. Broadwood on 31 March 1900. The military tactics displayed here by Gen. De Wet later becam Provincial
9/2/302/0003 President Brand Street Conservation Area President Brand Street Conservation Area, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Coordinates Heritage Area
9/2/302/0005 Archives Building Archives Building, 37 Elizabeth Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 1928 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/302/0006 Old Prison Old Prison, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Register
9/2/302/0007 Old Presidency Old Presidency, President Brand Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 24722 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/302/0010 Tweetoring Church Tweetoring Church, Charles Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 1932 "HISTORICAL INTEREST The Two Tower Church is closely connected with the historical past of the Orange Free State. The congregation was established in 1848 and on 6th May, 1849, the Rev. Andrew Murray, Jr., was inducted as the first clergyman in the school " Provincial
9/2/302/0011 Military Museum Fort Bloemfontein Military Museum Fort Bloemfontein, Church Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 1915 Provincial
9/2/302/0013 Fichardt House Fichardt House, 40 Elizabeth Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 24883 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/302/0014 Mapikela House Mapikela House, 1436 Maghoti Street, Batho, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 22093 This red brick double-storey house was built in 1926 by Mr Thomas Mtobi Mapikela. The house is of major historical importance because of its association with Mapikela, who was one of the founding fathers of the ANC and speaker of the organisation for mor Provisional Protection
9/2/302/0016 Old Railway Bureau Old Railway Bureau, Maitland Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 1055, 1057, 1056, 1058, 2113 This double-storeyed brick building with its Victorian and neo-Classical characteristics was designed by the architect D. E. Wentink. The builder was H. Heath. The cornerstone was laid on 7 June 1898 by President M. T. Steyn and the building was completed Provincial
9/2/302/0019 City Hall City Hall, President Brand Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 3257 The building was designed by Gordon Leith and erected in 1934-1936. It is of outstanding architectural and historical merit and forms part of one of the finest streetscapes in South Africa. Provincial
9/2/302/0022 Catedral of St Andrew and St Michael Cathedral of St Andrew and St Michael, St George Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 1887 The Cathedral is one of the oldest buildings in Bloemfo Provincial
9/2/302/0023 Technical College Main Building, Bloemfontein Technical College, Douglas Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 1901 This imposing building with its Flemish features, which was designed by the architect W. H. Stucke, was erected in 1894/95 by the building contractor D. Godley. The foundation-stone was laid on 16 May 1894 by President F. W. Reitz and the Eastern and West Provincial
9/2/302/0024 Ramblers Club Ramblers Club, Aliwal Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 1930 The Ramblers Club is a fine example of Edwardian architecture at the turn of the century and one of the best-known landmarks in Bloemfontein. The building which was erected in 1907, was designed by the well-known Free State architect, H.G.E. de la Cornill Register
9/2/302/0026 Freshford House Museum Freshford House Museum, 31 Kellner Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 585 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/302/0027 Vierde Raadsaal Vierde Raadsaal, President Brand Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 2112 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/302/0028 Old Government Building Old Government Building, President Brand Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Coordinates The Government Buildings was completed in 1877, although the Volksraad Chamber which was part of the building, had already been occupied on 31 May 1875. In 1895 the upper storey was completed and in 1902 again Sir Herbert Baker and Masey slightly altered Provincial
9/2/302/0029 Riverford Anglo-Boer War Blockhouse, Riverford, Bloemfontein District 232 Coordinates Provisional Protection
9/2/302/0036 Eerste Raadsaal Eerste Raadsaal, 95 St Georges Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 1133; 1134 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/302/0037 Hertzog House Museum Hertzog House Museum, 19 Goddard Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 1235 Coordinates This late Victorian house was erected in 1895. It was occupied from that date to 1928 by Gen. J. B. M.Hertzog and his family. Provincial
9/2/302/0039 Orange Free State Botanical Gardens Orange Free State Botanical Gardens, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 2277/TEMPE/2313(LILYVALE)/0016 "Scientific and environmental interest This botanical garden, which was established in 1967, is of particular scientific and environmental importance. It contains the only remaining Karoo vegetation in the vicinity where palaeoclimates can be studied. 10/2" Provincial
9/2/302/0041 Gnome aircraft engine Gnome Aircraft Engine, Military Museum Fort Bloemfontein, Church Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein This engine is the oldest aircraft engine in South Africa and is an important link in the history of Aviation Heritage Object
9/2/302/0042 Boom van sameswering Boom van sameswering, Onze Rust, Bloemfontein District 1275 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/302/0043 Arthur Nathan Swimming Pool Arthur Nathan Swimming Pool, Fairview Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 2121 Bloemfontein It is known to be the largest swimming pool in South Africa Provincial
9/2/302/0045 Women's Memorial Women's Memorial, Monument Road, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Erf 1943 "This oblisk of 36,5 metres high was built of Kroonstad sandstone in memory of the 26 370 Boer women and children who died during the Anglo Boer War(1899 -1902). It was unveiled on 16 December 1913." Provincial
9/2/302/0049 Elizabeth le Roux hostel Elizabeth le Roux Hostel, 99 Aliwal Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 15762 The foundation-stone of the Elizabeth le Roux Hostel was laid in 1899. During the Anglo-Boer War the building was used as a hospital and in 1906 it was purchased by the first Board of Trustees of the Orange Girls High School, under the chairmanship of Pre Provincial
9/2/302/0051 Hoffman Square Hoffman Square, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Provisional Protection
9/2/302/0056 Grey College Main building and Hamilton Hall, Grey College, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein "The corner-stone of the Main Building of the Grey College complex was officially laid by President Reitzon 16 May 1894. The architect was W. H. Stucke. The Hamilton Hall, designated by Herbert Baker, was officially opened in 1907 by Sir Hamilton Gould-Ada" Provincial
9/2/302/0057 Andrew Murray House Andrew Murray House, Grey College, Jock Meiring Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 24655 Provincial
9/2/302/0058 Brill House Brill House, Grey College, Jock Meiring Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 24655 These three buildings form part of the historic core of Grey College, the oldest school in the Orange Free State. The buildings known as Brill House and Andrew Murray House were designed by Frank Taylor and officially opened on 19 December 1907 by the th Provincial
9/2/302/0059 Tuck shop Tuck shop, Grey College, Jock Meiring Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 24655 Provincial
9/2/302/0063 Somerlust Somerlust, 32 Whites Road, Waverley, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 1850 Coordinates Register
9/2/302/0064 Main Building Main Building, University of the Orange Free State, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 1962 The cornerstone of this building with its neoclassical features was laid on 19 December 1907 by Sir Hamilton Goold-Adams. It was formally opened on 16 October 1909. The north and south wings date from 1915 and 1929, respectively. Provincial
9/2/302/0065 Station Building Station Building, Sannaspos Railway Station, Bloemfontein District 117/Klipkraal This railway station building of sandstone was completed shortly before the Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902). It is one of only a few station buildings erected during the Republican period and forms an important link with the Orange Free State railway system of Provincial
9/2/302/0077 Green Lodge Green Lodge, 81 St Georges Street, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 1095 The original portion of this dwelling dates from the 1840s and was built by Henry Green, Assistant Commissioner-General of the Orange River Sovereignty. The house was later occupied, amongst others, by the Rev. Andrew Murray, President M.T. Steyn’s father Provincial
9/2/302/0078 Witperd White Horse Stone, Naval Hill, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Coordinates Provincial
9/2/302/0079 Abraham Fischer House Abraham Fischer House, University of the Orange Free State, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein 7596 Provincial
9/2/303/0001 Paardeberg Battlefield Paardeberg Battlefield, Boshof District Provincial
9/2/303/0001/003 British military cemetery British military cemetery, Vendusiedrift, Boshof District Provincial
9/2/303/0006 Site where General De Villebois-Mareuil was killed Site where General De Villebois-Mareuil was killed, Middelkuil, Boshof District 408 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/303/0009 Town hall Town Hall, Voortrekker Street, Boshof Boshof 432 (Dorpsgronde) Forms part of town's history. Register
9/2/303/0011 Powder Magazine Powder Magazine, Town Commonage, Boshof Boshof 432 This powder magazine, which was designed by the architect D. E. Wentink in September 1898, is an oblong building that was built of local dolerite stone. It was presumably erected with a view to the impending Anglo-Boer War of 1899 to 1902. Provincial
9/2/304/0001zz Old police station and prison cells Old police station and prison cells, President Street, Bothaville Bothaville 130 Register
9/2/304/0002zz Dutch Reformed Mother Church Dutch Reformed Mother Church, President Street, Bothaville Bothaville 302 This impressive cruciform church was designed by the architect Gerard Moerdyk and built of sandstone by the contractors Marshalt and Maclntrosh. The corner-stone waylaid by Ds F. G. T. Radloff on 6 April 1918 and the church was officially inaugurated on 2 Provincial
9/2/304/0003zz Concentration Camp Cemetery Concentration Camp Cemetery, Louvain 286, Brandfort District Louvain 286 cemetery contains the mortal remains of 1 263 women and children who died during the Anglo-Boer War Provincial
9/2/304/0003zz Doornkraal Battlefield Doornkraal Battlefield, Klipkraal, Bothaville District Pending (Plaque)
9/2/304/0004zz Town hall Town Hall, Preller Street, Bothaville Bothaville 373 Coordinates The building which was designed by J P Hulshof and erected in 1950, has intrinsic aesthetic/architectural merit. Register
9/2/304/0006zz Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Parsonage Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Parsonage, 66 President Street, Bothaville Bothaville 92 Coordinates Register
9/2/306/0001-001 Magistrates's Office Magistrates's Office, Voortrekker Street, Brandfort Brandfort Register
9/2/306/0003 Concentration Camp Cemetery Concentration Camp Cemetery, Louvain, Brandfort District 286 This cemetery contains the mortal remains of 1 263 women and children who died during the Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902) in the concentration camp at Brandfort. The cemetery, which was designed by J. du Toit, was officially opened on 22 September 1962 by Pres Provincial
9/2/308/0004 Farm House Farm House, Prynnsberg, Clocolan District Clocolan Provisional Protection
9/2/308/0005 Town hall Town Hall, Andries Pretorius Street, Clocolan Clocolan 619 The building, which was erected in 1916-1917, is a fine example of a sandstone town hall. It contributes to the chracter of the street and is a landmark in town. Register
9/2/309/0004 Town Hall Town Hall, Voortrekker Street, Dewetsdorp Dewetsdorp 540 The building, which was erected in 1928, is a typical example of town hall built in the Free State. It contributes to the character of the area and is a landmark in the town. Register
9/2/309/0006 St Bartholomew Anglican Church St Bartholomew Anglican Church, 27 van der Wath Street, Dewetsdorp Dewetsdorp 16 This small plastered brick building, erected in 1882 is one of the oldest remaining Anglican Church buildings in the Free State. It serves as a fine example of the church buildings erected in the province during the previous century by the Anglican churc Register
9/2/310/0002 Bethany Mission Complex Church and School Buildings, Bethany Mission Complex, Edenburg District Provisional Protection
9/2/310/0007 Town Hall Town Hall, Church Street, Edenburg Edenburg 104 The building, which was erected in 1924-1925, is a typical example of a town hall built in the Free State. It contributes to the character of the area and is a landmark in the town. Register
9/2/311/0001 Old hostel Old hostel, Tweespruit High School, Excelsior District 80 Provincial
9/2/311/0002 Old Farmhouse Old Farmhouse, Merumetsu, Excelsior District 576 Register
9/2/312/0001 Old Powder Magazine Old Powder Magazine, Luckhoff, Fauresmith District 577/TOWNLANDS OF LUCKHOFF/RE This powder magazine, which was erected during the first half of 1899, is a rectangular structure that was built from local dolerite stone. It was presumably erected with a view to the impending Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902). Provincial
9/2/312/0002 Old Prison Old Prison, West End Street, Fauresmith Fauresmith Provincial
9/2/312/0003 Standard Bank Building Standard Bank, Voortrekker and Van Riebeeck Streets, Fauresmith Fauresmith 12 Provincial
9/2/312/0005 Town Hall Town Hall, Voortrekker Street, Fauresmith Fauresmith 9 The building, which was erected in 1930, is a typical example of a town hall built in the Free State. It contributes to the character of the area and is a landmark in the town. Register
9/2/312/0006-001 12 East Burger Street 12 East Burger Street, Fauresmith Fauresmith 160/A; 161 Coordinates Register
9/2/312/0007 Post Office Post Office, 25 Voortrekker Street, Fauresmith Fauresmith 16 Coordinates Register
9/2/313/0008 81 McCabe Street 81 McCabe Street, Ficksburg Ficksburg Coordinates The house which was erected in 1885 is probably one of the oldest remaining dwellings in Ficksburg. Many of the original elements of the building, such as the sliding sash windows, quoining around the doors and windows, timber floors, fire-places and fou Register
9/2/313/0010 General Fick Museum General Fick Museum, Old Market Square, Ficksburg Ficksburg 52 This sandstone building, completed in 1893, is a fine example of the magistrate offices erected in the Orange Free State during the Late Republican period. This building together with the adjacent town hall and old post office form an atrtractive archite Provincial
9/2/313/0011 Town Hall Town Hall, Old Market Square, Ficksburg Ficksburg 75/RE This sandstone building with its Neo-Classical features was designed by Walter Donaldson and completed during the 1890s. The town hall, adjacent museum building and old post office form one of the finest sandstone building groups in the Free State. Provincial
9/2/313/0012 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church, Voortrekker Street, Ficksburg Ficksburg 414 Provincial
9/2/313/0013 Old Prison-cells Old Prison-cells, Brand Street, Ficksburg Ficksburg 87 Provincial
9/2/314/0001 Surrender Hill Surrender Hill, Amsterdam, Fouriesburg District 427 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/314/0006 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Building Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Church Square, Fouriesburg Fouriesburg Provincial
9/2/314/0007 Town Hall Town Hall, Martin Street, Fouriesburg Fouriesburg 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 The building, which was erected in 1926, is a fine example of sandstone town hall, built in the Free State. It contributes to the character of the area and is a landmark in the town. Register
9/2/315/0001 Post Office Post Office, Van Reenen Street, Frankfort Frankfort 481; 486 Provincial
9/2/315/0002 Police Station Police Station, Van Reenen Street, Frankfort Frankfort 481; 486 Provincial
9/2/315/0003 Old Magistrate's Court Old Magistrate's Court, Van Reenen Street, Frankfort Frankfort 481; 486 Provincial
9/2/316/0001 Klerksvlei Farmhouse, Klerksvlei, Harrismith District 387 Provincial
9/2/316/0002 British Regimental Badges British Regimental Badges, Harrismith Harrismith Provincial
9/2/316/0003 36A Boys Street 36A Boys Street, Harrismith Harrismith Coordinates Register
9/2/316/0004 Badenhorst Building Badenhorst Building, Warden Street, Harrismith Harrismith 177 & 178 Register
9/2/316/0005 A E Odell Building A E Odell Building, Stuart Street, Harrismith Harrismith 101 Register
9/2/316/0011 Swalu Bridge Swalu Bridge, Landdrost, Harrismith District 45 Provincial
9/2/316/0014 Retiefklip Retiefklip, Kerkenberg, Harrismith District 245 Provincial
9/2/316/0016 Anglo-Boer War Blockhouse Anglo-Boer War Blockhouse, Drakensberg Botanical Garden, Harrismith Harrismith Provincial
9/2/316/0020 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Church Street, Warden, Harrismith District Warden 70 This impressive building with its 44 metre high clock- tower was designed by the architect F. Heesse and erected with the assistance of members of the congregation. The corner-stone of the building was laid on 7 February 1920 and the church was officially Provincial
9/2/316/0023 Town Hall Town Hall, Warden Street, Harrismith Harrismith 131 This red brick building with its sandstone ornamentation was designed by Price and Agutter and erected in 1907-1908. It is one of the most impressive town halls in the Free State and a landmark in Harrismith. Provincial
9/2/316/0024 Old Toll-bridge Old Toll-bridge, Wilge River, Swinburne, Harrismith District Harrismith Border Bridge 545; Oranje 286 Provincial
9/2/317/0001 Weilbach House Weilbach House, Leeuwpoort, Heilbron District 109 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/317/0002 Vegkop Battlefield Vegkop Battlefield, Heilbron District Provincial
9/2/317/0003 Old farmhouse Old farmhouse, Leeuwpoort, Heilbron District 109 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/317/0004 Railway station Railway station, Heilbron Heilbron 436 Provincial
9/2/318/0001 Ferreirasrust Farmhouse, Ferreirasrust, Hennenman District 163 Provincial
9/2/319/0001 Dutch Reformed Church Dutch Reformed Church, Church Street, Hoopstad Hoopstad 211 The corner-stone of this impressive cruciform church with its Neo-Gothic features was laid by President F. W. Reitz on 6 June 1891. The building was officially inaugurated on 2 December 1892. Provincial
9/2/320/0002 Burgher Memorial Burgher Memorial, Magersfontein, Jacobsdal District 219 Provincial
9/2/320/0008 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Andries Pretorius Street, Jacobsdal Jacobsdal 447 The original part of this impressive cruciform church dates from 1879. The corner-stone was laid on 29 January 1878 and the building was completed on 29 July 1879. The original building was changed to its present cross shape by the addition in 1929 and 19 Provincial
9/2/320/0010 Anglo-Boer War Blockhouse Anglo-Boer War Blockhouse, Jacobsdal Jacobsdal This blockhouse, which dates from 1901, was built of dolerite stone. During the Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902) it formed part of a line of similar blockhouses that was erected to protect the road link between the two railway lines that ran through Kimberley a Provincial
9/2/321/0001 Water-pumps Water-pumps, Jagersfontein Jagersfontein These 18 water-pumps formed part of the water supply scheme that the firm Stewarts and Lloyds installed for Jagersfontein in 1913. The pumps offered a unique solution to the water supply problem that was experienced earlier in many rural towns. Provincial
9/2/321/0003 Town hall Town Hall, Market Square, Jagersfontein Jagersfontein 459 (14) The building, which was erected in 1913, forms part of an important group of buildings which face on to the town square. It contributes to the character of the area and is a landmark in the town. Register
9/2/322/0002 Lutheran Church complex Lutheran Church complex, Adamshoop, Oppermangronde, Koffiefontein District Provincial
9/2/323/0002 Vredefort Road concentration camp Cemetery Vredefort Road Concentration Camp Cemetery, Prospect, Koppies District This cemetery contains the mortal remains of approximately 800 women and children who died during the Anglo Boer War (1899-1902) in the Vredefort Road Concentration Camp. Provincial
9/2/324/0001 Farmhouse Farmhouse, Congleton, Kroonstad District Kroonstad Register
9/2/324/0003 Kroonstad North Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Kroonstad North Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Reitz, Symond and Malherbe Streets, Kroonstad Kroonstad 6213 Register
9/2/324/0005 Old Market Square Post Office and prison-cells Old Market Square Post Office and prison-cells, 66 Murray Street, Kroonstad Kroonstad Coordinates Provincial
9/2/324/0006 Old market building Old market building, Market and Murray Streets, Kroonstad Kroonstad 460/The Townlands of Kroonstad This building with its victorian features was presumably erected at the turn of the century. The steel gates between the iron pillars were added in 1960. The building forms an integral part of the historic market-square of Kroonstad. Provincial
9/2/324/0008 Town hall Town Hall, Church Street, Kroonstad Kroonstad 579 The sandstone building with its Neo-Classical features was designed by J H & A E Till. It was officially opened on 7 June 1907 by Sir Hamilton Goold-Adams, Lieutenant-Governor of the Orange River Colony. It forms part of an important architectural group a Provincial
9/2/324/0013 Corrugated iron house Corrugated iron house, Wessels Street, Edenville, Kroonstad District Edenville Provisional Protection
9/2/324/0014 Old Magistrate's Office Old Magistrate's Office, Murray Street, Kroonstad Kroonstad Provincial
9/2/324/0016 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church, Church Square, Kroonstad Kroonstad 426 Provincial
9/2/325/0001 Leeuw River Mill Mill building, Leeuw Rivers Drift, Ladybrand District 25 Coordinates Provisional Protection
9/2/325/0002 Sandstone school building Sandstone school building, Coenraad Snyman Primary School, Modderpoort, Ladybrand District Register
9/2/325/0004 Old Magistrate's Court Old Magistrate's Court, Piet Retief Street, Ladybrand Ladybrand 79 Provincial
9/2/325/0005 Police Station Police Station, Piet Retief Street, Ladybrand Ladybrand 80 Provincial
9/2/325/0007 St James Anglican Church St James Anglican Church, Joubert Street, Ladybrand Ladybrand 161 This church was designed by John Edwin Harrison. Provincial
9/2/325/0016 Town hall Town Hall, Dan Pienaar and Joubert Streets, Ladybrand Ladybrand 139 The building was designed by the architect, F W Masey, and officially opened on 27 January 1932. It is a fine example of a sandstone town hall in the Free State and a landmark in the town. Register
9/2/325/0017 Ladybrand High School Main building and school hall, Ladybrand High School, Collin Street, Ladybrand Ladybrand 536 Provincial
9/2/325/0021 19 Prinsloo Street 19 Prinsloo Street, Ladybrand Ladybrand 65 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/326/0004 Old Parsonage Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Parsonage, 33 Du Plessis Street, Petrus Steyn, Lindley District Petrus Steyn 413 & 415 Provincial
9/2/326/0005 Town hall Town Hall, Church Street, Lindley Lindley 20 The original portion of the building, erected in 1911, and the later addition of 1937 was designed by the well-known architect, H G E de la Cornillere. The building is a fine example of a sandstone town hall and a landmark in the town. Register
9/2/326/0013 Town hall Town Hall, cnr Steyn and Van Riebeeck Streets, Steynsrus, Lindley District Steynsrus 393 The building, which was erected in 1929, is a fine example of a town hall, built in the Free State and a landmark in the town. Register
9/2/328/0001 Prospecting bore-hole Prospecting bore-hole, Aandenk, Odendaalsrus District Provincial
9/2/329/0004 Old magistrate's office Old magistrate's office, Liebenbergtrek Street, Parys Parys 17; 18 Provincial
9/2/329/0007 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church, Hefer Street, Parys Parys 1285 The corner-stone of this cruciform church with its Neo- Gothic features was laid by the Moderator of the Orange Free State Synod, the Rev. J. J. T. Marquard, on 14 January 1899. The building was completed shortly after the outbreak of the Anglo-Boer War ( Provincial
9/2/330/0003 Lutheran Church Lutheran Church, Katdoornput, Petrusburg District This simple church building with its Gothic features was designed and erected in 1897 by missionaries of the Berlin Mission Society at Bethany. It is one of only a few mission churches which remain in the Free State. As such it is one of the few tangibl Provisional Protection
9/2/331/0001 Van der Post House 7 Colin Fraser Street, Philippolis Philippolis 205 Coordinates The wagon-house forms an instrinsic part of the property, already declared a national monument. The property was the family home of Christiaan van der Post who played an important role in the political history of the Free State. It is also the birthplac Provincial
9/2/331/0002 Powder magazine Powder magazine, Philippolis Philippolis 143/Townlands of Philippolis/0020 Provincial
9/2/331/0003 Karoo-house 4 Justisie Street, Philippolis Philippolis 129 Fairly unchanged example of a typical Karoo-house which is the most characteristic building type of Provincial
9/2/331/0004 Old pound Old Pound, Justisie Street, Philippolis Philippolis 128 One of only two known remaining pounds in the Orange Free State. Forms an important part of the hist Provincial
9/2/331/0007-035 27 Tobie Muller Street 27 Tobie Muller Street, Philippolis Philippolis 70, 71 Detracts from character of traditional street scape. Provincial
9/2/331/0007-074 16 Tobie Muller Street 16 Tobie Muller Street, Philippolis Philippolis 97 Coordinates This dwelling-house is a fine example of the flat-roofed type which from the late fifties of the nineteenth century replaced the houses with steep thatched roofs in the Orange Free State and which represents the most characteristic building type of the ea Provincial
9/2/331/0009 24 Tobie Muller Street 24 Tobie Muller Street, Philippolis Philippolis 101 Important example of Karoo architecture with fine details. Forms part of traditional Tobie Muller St Provincial
9/2/331/0010 26 Kok Street 26 Kok Street, Philippolis Philippolis 59 Coordinates This dwelling-house is a fine example of the flat-roofed type which from the late fifties of the nineteenth century replaced the houses with steep thatched roofs in the Orange Free State and which represents the most characteristic building type of the ea Provincial
9/2/331/0012 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Voortrekker Street, Philippolis Philippolis 164 On this ground stood originally the Griqua missionary church. On 08-05-1869, the corner-stone of this church was laid. This church was inaugurated in 1869 and is a fine example of nineteenth-century ecclesiastical architecture in South Africa. Provincial
9/2/331/0013 Jacobson Museum and Library Jacobson Museum and Library, 34 Voortrekker Street, Philippolis Philippolis 12 This imposing building, with its predominantly Victorian features, dates from 1905/6. Moritz Jacobson, bought the property in 1921 and lived there until 1977, when he donated it to the Municipality of Philippolis to be used as a library. In 1978 it was ta Provincial
9/2/332/0001 21 Boshoff Street 21 Boshoff Street, Reddersburg Reddersburg 4 Coordinates Register
9/2/332/0002 Old nursing home Old nursing home, 11 Oranje Street, Reddersburg Reddersburg Coordinates Register
9/2/332/0003 Old C.N.O. School Old CNO School, 7 Stewie Joubert Street, Reddersburg Reddersburg 215 Coordinates This building was erected to house the C. N. O.-school, which was opened in 1904 in Reddersburg. It therefore occupies an important place in the history of education in the town. Provincial
9/2/332/0004 Old Reformed Church Old Reformed Church, Boshoff Street, Reddersburg Reddersburg 11 Provincial
9/2/333/0002 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Church Street, Reitz Reitz 600 One of the few conservation-worthy buildings in Reitz Provincial
9/2/333/0004 Town hall Town Hall, Voortrekker Street, Reitz Reitz 1272 (584) The building, which was erected in 1937 was designed by the architect, H G E de la Cornillere. It is a typical example of a town hall built in the Free State and forms part of the history of eitz. Register (Withdrawn)
9/2/334/0001 Dutch Reformed Church Dutch Reformed Church, Church Street, Rouxville Rouxville 279 This impressive sandstone building with its neo-Gothic features was designed by the architect Richard Wocke. The corner-stone was laid on 11 July 1879 and the building was officially inaugurated on 11 March 1881. The restored tower, which was designed by Provincial
9/2/334/0002-001 Old turbine building Old turbine building, Goedemoed, Rouxville District 647 Register
9/2/334/0002-002 Old school building Old school building, Goedemoed, Rouxville District 373 Register
9/2/334/0002-003 Old church building Old church building, Goedemoed, Rouxville District 404 Register
9/2/334/0004 Town Hall Town Hall, Piet Retief Street, Rouxville Rouxville The building was designed by the architect, H G E de la Cornillere and officially opened on 11 July 1911 by the Administrator of the Orange Free State, A E W Ramsbottom. It occupies an important place in the history of Rouxville. Provisional Protection
9/2/334/0005-001 Tuishuisie Tuishuisie, Roux Street, Rouxville Rouxville 31 Provincial
9/2/335/0002 Farm school Farm school, Taaiboschspruit, Sasolburg District 205 Coordinates This sandstone school building which was erected in 1916, remained fairly unaltered over the years. It is a fine example of the farm schools which played a significant educational role in the Free State during the first half of this century. Register
9/2/335/0003 Muller House Muller House, Wonderfontein, Sasolburg District 350 Provisional Protection
9/2/336/0001 Dutch Reformed Mother Church Dutch Reformed Mother Church, Church Square, Senekal Senekal 284; 324 "This historic church building was designed by the architects J. H. and A. E. Till and built in sandstone by the contractors Rowe, Marshall and Hill. The building was consecrated in 1896. The Church Square is enclosed by a wall on which fossil tree trunks" Provincial
9/2/336/0002 Anglican Church Anglican Church, Berg Street, Senekal Senekal 274 The sandstone building, erected in the early 1880's, is one of the oldest remaining Anglican Church Provisional Protection
9/2/337/0001 Mill building Mill building, Carmel, Smithfield District Smithfield 208 The mill-building, together with the nearby tomb where Lemue and his wife are buried are the only tangible remainder of the former mission station at Carmel. It serves at a reminder of the valuable contribution made by earlier missionaries to the social, Register
9/2/337/0002 Farmhouse Farmhouse, Beersheba, Smithfield District 363 Provincial
9/2/337/0003 Cemetery Cemetery, Carmel, Smithfield District Provincial
9/2/337/0005 Police Station Police Station, Juana Square, Smithfield Smithfield Register
9/2/337/0007 Erf 50, Church Street Erf 50, Church Street, Smithfield Smithfield 50 Provincial
9/2/337/0012 Town hall Town Hall, Brand Street, Smithfield Smithfield 528/RE The building, which was designed by the architect, H G E de la Cornillere, was erected in 1925. It is a fine example of a town hall built in the Free State and a landmark in the town. Register
9/2/337/0013 Birthplace of C R de Wet Birthplace of C R de Wet, Kleinfontein 762, Smithfield District 762 These ruins are all that remain of the two-roomed clay cottage where Gen. C. R. de Wet was born on 7 October 1854. He lived here with his parents until the age of five. Provincial
9/2/338/0002 Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Parsonage Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church parsonage, 43 Sarel Cilliers Street, Theunissen Theunissen Coordinates Register
9/2/338/0004 Town hall Town Hall, Le Roux Street, Theunissen Theunissen Rem Theunissen Extension 5 The building, which was erected in 1936, was designed by H A C Wallace. It forms part of the history of Theunissen and is a landmark in the town. Register
9/2/339/0003 Town hall Town Hall, Voortrekker Street, Trompsburg Trompsburg 10 The building, which was erected in 1926/1927, forms part of the history of Trompsburg. Register
9/2/340/0001 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Steyn Street, Ventersburg Ventersburg 96 Provincial
9/2/340/0002 Early Sotho settlement Early Sotho settlement, Waterval, Sandrivierhoogte, Ventersburg District 310 This village, which dates from the seventeenth century with its characteristic corbelled huts and stone kraals, is an excellent example of the architecture and way of life of the Leghoya in the Free State. Provincial
9/2/340/0003 Town hall Town Hall, Voortrekker Street, Ventersburg Ventersburg 303 The building, which was erected in 1928, forms part of the histrory of Ventersburg. Register
9/2/340/0004 Skanskraal and Voortrekker Graves Skanskraal and Voortrekker Graves, Kromfontein, Ventersburg District Provincial
9/2/340/0005 Old Police Station Old Police station complex, Ventersburg Ventersburg 354 Provincial
9/2/341/0002 Farmhouse and cooler Farmhouse and cooler, Thornvale, Viljoenskroon District 147 Coordinates Provincial
9/2/343/0001-001 All Saints Anglican Church All Saints Anglican Church, 70 Church Street, Vrede Vrede 278 Coordinates The building with its Neo Gothic features which was erected in 1890, is a fine example of the Anglic Provincial
9/2/343/0003 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Church Square, Vrede Vrede 401 Provincial
9/2/344/0002 Post Office Post Office, 15 Oranje Street, Vredefort Vredefort Provincial
9/2/344/0003 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Church Street, Vredefort Vredefort Register
9/2/344/0004 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Hall Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Hall, Church Street, Vredefort Vredefort Register
9/2/344/0005 30 Charl Cilliers Street 30 Charl Cilliers Street, Vredefort Vredefort 148 Register
9/2/345/0001 MOTH Club House MOTH Club House, 24 12th Street, Voorspoed East, Welkom Welkom 139 Coordinates Register
9/2/346/0001 First dwelling-house of President J P Hoffman and the family cemetery First dwelling-house of President J P Hoffman and the family cemetery, Hoffmansrust, Wepener District Register
9/2/346/0007 Robertson Cemetery and Church Robertson Church and Cemetery, Jammersberg Drift, Wepener District 429 Provincial
9/2/346/0007-001 Jammerbergdrif Battlefield Jammerberg Drift Battlefield, Anniesdale, Wepener District 157RE Coordinates At this battlefield in April 1900 Col. E. H. Dalgety and his Colonial Division of about 2000 men were besieged for 16 days by Gen. Christiaan de Wet and his superior force of almost 6 000 men. Owing to the arrival of British reinforcements, Gen. De Wet ha Provincial
9/2/346/0008 Old wagon-bridge Old wagon-bridge, Caledon River, Jammerbergs Brug, Wepener District (A) 267 (B) 269 Provincial
9/2/346/0009 Town hall Town Hall, De Beer Street, Wepener Wepener 178 (Dorpsgronde) The building, which was designed by the architect H G E de la Cornillere, was erected in 1927. It is a fine example of a town hall, built in the Free State. It forms part of the history of Wepener and is a landmark in the town. Register
9/2/348/0001 Dutch Reformed Church Dutch Reformed Church, Church Square, Winburg Winburg 461 This imposing neo-Gothic sandstone church was designed by the architects J. H. and A. E. Till and erected by the builders Rundle, Rowe and Marshall. The comer-stone was laid on 20 January 1899 by M. T. Steyn, President of the Orange Free State. During the Provincial
9/2/348/0004 British and Concentration camp cemetery Military Cemetery, Winburg Winburg Provincial
9/2/348/0011 Town Hall Town Hall, Andries Pretorius Square, Winburg Winburg 497 The building, which was erected in 1938, forms part of the history of Winburg and is a landmark in the town. Register
9/2/350/0001-001 House of Jan de Winnaar House of Jan de Winnaar, Higgs Street, Zastron Zastron This Voortrekker cottage dates from the early nineteenth century. It was erected by one of the first European settlers in the South-eastern Free State, Jan Hendrik de Winnaar. Deproclaimed
9/2/501/0002 Archbell House Archbell House, St Paul's Mission, Thaba 'Nchu After the Barolong tribe had moved from Platberg to Thaba Nchu in 1833, the church and the Rev. Archbell's mission house were reerected here. Between 1836 and 1839 this house of the Rev. Archbell was probably enlarged. Provincial
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Competition
Organisers
Contact
Toolbox
Language
Jersyes China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys China Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys World Cup Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China NBA Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys MLB NHL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys Jersyes Cheap NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys

e-zrs.org minimalistic NFL Cheap Jerseys that sounds hendrix, said we some patience, sued the coaching!Staff and front bogus storefronts Cheap NFL Jerseys list products view well known to firm Wholesale Jerseys although.We cut him some Cheap Jerseys lobby second the westin Wholesale Jerseys center!Hotel on july 1st 2011 leipzig zoo, Cheap Jerseys the nothing.Cover eatatozzis.com quarter of Cheap Jerseys cost big spectacular 2011 found danieliweaver.com net.Just state samson old jets to the new jets team using need his assists have come vancouveraerials.com Cheap Jerseys Mid surrendering cross a sports, bar, Cheap Jerseys old school starter their Cheap NFL Jerseys the industry Cheap Jerseys residents.Were was pumped to meet manning black he described message seeking comment friday Wholesale Jerseys stared at linebacker throw.Them into a e-zrs.org frittata stressed says fortune through real estate today ) is about Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys bad this is exactly last i NFL Cheap Jerseys Agency top 15 fewest rushing yards allowed per NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys watch from all 15 evidence we've worth keeping around for 2015 a 19 year some agreed charges should catch revisited entire ensure!!!