WLM will be hosting a number of events throughout the month of September 2012. Learn more about them below.
Durban Upload marathon, 10 September
Have some images you want to share with us, but you can't figure out how to upload them? Want to meet fellow Wikipedia and/or heritage enthousiasts? Meet us in Durban in Berea (exact location tbd) on Monday evening 19h September 10.
Cape Town Scavenger Hunt, 8 September
Join us for the first WLM scavenger hunt in Cape Town city centre on Saturday the 8th September. The Cape Town city centre has the highest concentration of registered monuments in South Africa, this event will visit a number of them in the area around the Company's Gardens. The route of the event will take place around the circumference of the Company's Gardens ending where we began on Kloof Street.
Meet fellow Wikipedians, photographers and heritage enthusiasts, and to get a sampling of the local heritage sites in the Cape Town city bowl area.
10:00 - Meetup
- Meet up with participants at the Vida e Caffè on 34 Kloof, St Gardens.
- Discuss the route
- Exchange numbers so we do not loose each other
10:45 - Begin the scavenger hunt
- Break up into teams (optional)
12:30 - Meet for lunch (optional)
- Meet up some where on Spin Street: most probably Milk Bread and Honey.
17:00 - End of the event
- Meet up again where we began at Vida e Caffè on Kloof St.