Preparation launch event
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
Currently: people will attend (update 13:07, 31 August 2012 (SAST)), the majority wants to do the guided tour in the Castle. This number excludes the organisers of the event.
Latest revision as of 19:59, 31 August 2012
- Arrival and departure in Cape
When does everybody arrive on Cape Town Internation Airport?
- Dumisani and Mohau arrive on Friday night at 22h00. 15px Done
 Day itself
- 9h00 Annual general meeting
- 13h00 Tour at Castle of Good Hope
- Maarten will arrange with Nicholas and/or Andrew for the free access to the Castle. 18px Doing...
- Ruth (which Ruth is this?? If it's Ruth from the Slave church, she cannot do the walk, she wants to be at the church at all times) takes the people from the Castle to the Museum. It would be preferred to have a second guide - Isla, can you ask this to your contact (Maarten cannot find those contact details in his mailbox). 18px Doing...
- Do we have a banner to place at the entrance. 18px Doing... Note: Need feedback from Isla regarding the printing of these. LouriePieterse 13:14, 30 August 2012 (SAST)
- 15h00 Launch Event, at Long Street
- Maarten will arrange for extra lightning. 18px Doing...
- Extra tables -- Ruth doesn't have tables. We have round cafeteria tables at the Africa Centre - if they sound ok, and if someone with a bakkie could collect them.
- Computer rental - Paul from rentware(021) 447 3330 will install on friday afternoon.
- Arrange for internet connection (only one LAN cable)-- Paul will make sure there is internet
- Currently no beamer or project (want to avoid using a powerpoint, so happy with this). 15px Done
- Preparing the venue (flags, logos, ...) 15px Not done
- Do we have a banner to put outside -- Isla is arranging? 18px Doing... Note: Need to check with her. LouriePieterse 13:18, 30 August 2012 (SAST)
- Print the best images of last year so we can hang them out. Maarten to bring sample of calendar with last year's winners on it. 18px Doing... Note: As we do have the beamer now I suggest that we display these images rather than handing them out. LouriePieterse 13:18, 30 August 2012 (SAST)
- Programme. Who will speak? Partners? WLM-ZA? Wm-ZA?
- 18h00 Closing drink
Lourie, some suggestions to help you: the Grand Daddy hotel next to Slave Church has a bar. Tjing Tjing in LongMarket Street, just off Long (entrance through Dear Me restaurant) & Union behind the church on Cnr Bree and Church Street. They only serve craft beer and wine. Not sure how far you want to walk. HQ bar/restaurant in the Heritage Hotel, entrance over the road from the parking lot in Shortmarket street.
Currently: 50 people will attend (update 13:07, 31 August 2012 (SAST)), the majority wants to do the guided tour in the Castle. This number excludes the organisers of the event.