Lists of monuments/Free State

From Wiki Loves Monuments
Revision as of 09:48, 14 August 2012 by Thuvack (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
NR SAHRA ID Site name Name Location Town Province Erf number Significance Status
625 9/2/302/0016 Old Railway Bureau, Maitland Street, Bloemfontein Old Railway Bureau Maitland Street Bloemfontein Free State 1055, 1057, 1056, 1058, 2113 This double-storeyed brick building with its Victorian and neo-Classical characteristics was designed by the architect D. E. Wentink. The builder was H. Heath. The cornerstone was laid on 7 June 1898 by President M. T. Steyn and the building was completed Provincial Heritage Site
626 9/2/331/0007-074 16 Tobie Muller Street, Philippolis 16 Tobie Muller Street 16 Tobie Muller Street Philippolis Free State 97 This dwelling-house is a fine example of the flat-roofed type which from the late fifties of the nineteenth century replaced the houses with steep thatched roofs in the Orange FSand which represents the most characteristic building type of the ea Provincial Heritage Site
627 9/2/325/0021 19 Prinsloo Street, Ladybrand 19 Prinsloo Street 19 Prinsloo Street Ladybrand Free State 65 Provincial Heritage Site
628 9/2/302/0058 Brill House, Grey College, Jock Meiring Street, Bloemfontein Brill House Jock Meiring Street Bloemfontein Free State 24655 These three buildings form part of the historic core of Grey College, the oldest school in the Orange Free State. The buildings known as Brill House and Andrew Murray House were designed by Frank Taylor and officially opened on 19 December 1907 by the th Provincial Heritage Site
629 9/2/348/0004 Military Cemetery, Winburg British and Concentration camp cemetery Winburg Winburg Free State Provincial Heritage Site
630 9/2/301/0013 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Grey Street, Bethulie Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Grey Street Bethulie Free State 819 This impressive T-formed church building with its Neo- Gothic features is one of the oldest existing Provincial Heritage Site
631 9/2/317/0003 Old farmhouse, Leeuwpoort, Heilbron District Old farmhouse Leeuwpoort, Heilbron District Free State 109 Provincial Heritage Site
632 9/2/346/0007-001 Jammerberg Drift Battlefield, Anniesdale, Wepener District Jammerbergdrif Battlefield Anniesdale, Wepener District Free State 157RE At this battlefield in April 1900 Col. E. H. Dalgety and his Colonial Division of about 2000 men were besieged for 16 days by Gen. Christiaan de Wet and his superior force of almost 6 000 men. Owing to the arrival of British reinforcements, Gen. De Wet ha Provincial Heritage Site
633 9/2/302/0010 Tweetoring Church, Charles Street, Bloemfontein Tweetoring Church Charles Street Bloemfontein Free State 1932 HISTORICAL INTEREST The Two Tower Church is closely connected with the historical past of the Orange Free State. The congregation was established in 1848 and on 6th May, 1849, the Rev. Andrew Murray, Jr., was inducted as the first clergyman in the school Provincial Heritage Site
634 9/2/302/0065 Station Building, Sannaspos Railway Station, Bloemfontein District Station Building Sannaspos Railway Station, Bloemfontein District Free State 117/Klipkraal This railway station building of sandstone was completed shortly before the Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902). It is one of only a few station buildings erected during the Republican period and forms an important link with the Orange FSrailway system of Provincial Heritage Site
635 9/2/306/0003 Concentration Camp Cemetery, Louvain, Brandfort District Concentration Camp Cemetery Louvain, Brandfort District Free State 286 This cemetery contains the mortal remains of 1 263 women and children who died during the Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902) in the concentration camp at Brandfort. The cemetery, which was designed by J. du Toit, was officially opened on 22 September 1962 by Pres Provincial Heritage Site
636 9/2/300/0010 14 President Burgers Street, Bethlehem Die Huisie Klei-oond Restaurant 14 President Burgers Street Bethlehem Free State 209 This cottage, of which the original portion was erected just after the Second Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902), is an excellent example of a town house at the turn of the century. Provincial Heritage Site
637 9/2/300/0032 Main Building, Technical College Bethlehem, Wessels Street, Bethlehem Technical College Bethlehem Wessels Street Bethlehem Free State Provincial Heritage Site
638 9/2/302/0064 Main Building, University of the Orange Free State, Bloemfontein Main Building University of the Orange Free State, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Free State 1962 The cornerstone of this building with its neoclassical features was laid on 19 December 1907 by Sir Hamilton Goold-Adams. It was formally opened on 16 October 1909. The north and south wings date from 1915 and 1929, respectively. Provincial Heritage Site
639 9/2/302/0059 Tuck shop, Grey College, Jock Meiring Street, Bloemfontein Tuck shop Jock Meiring Street Bloemfontein Free State 24655 Provincial Heritage Site
640 9/2/325/0002 Sandstone school building, Coenraad Snyman Primary School, Modderpoort, Ladybrand District Sandstone school building Coenraad Snyman Primary School, Modderpoort, Ladybrand Free State Register
641 9/2/300/0020 The Seminary, Wessels Street, Bethlehem The Seminary Wessels Street Bethlehem Free State 542 This impressive sandstone building was erected in 1894 by the Dutch-Reformed Church to house the girls’ school known as the Seminary. Since 1903 the building has been used as a girls’ hostel by the co-educational Government school, except for a period of Provincial Heritage Site
642 9/2/341/0002 Farmhouse and cooler, Thornvale, Viljoenskroon District Farmhouse and cooler Thornvale, Viljoenskroon District Free State 147 Provincial Heritage Site
643 9/2/303/0011 Powder Magazine, Town Commonage, Boshof Powder Magazine Boshof Boshof Free State 432 This powder magazine, which was designed by the architect D. E. Wentink in September 1898, is an oblong building that was built of local dolerite stone. It was presumably erected with a view to the impending Anglo-Boer War of 1899 to 1902. Provincial Heritage Site
644 9/2/337/0012 Town Hall, Brand Street, Smithfield Town hall Brand Street Smithfield Free State 528/RE The building, which was designed by the architect, H G E de la Cornillere, was erected in 1925. It is a fine example of a town hall built in the FSand a landmark in the town. Register
645 9/2/321/0003 Town Hall, Market Square, Jagersfontein Town hall Market Square Jagersfontein Free State 459 (14) The building, which was erected in 1913, forms part of an important group of buildings which face on to the town square. It contributes to the character of the area and is a landmark in the town. Register
646 9/2/346/0009 Town Hall, De Beer Street, Wepener Town hall De Beer Street Wepener Free State 178 (Dorpsgronde) The building, which was designed by the architect H G E de la Cornillere, was erected in 1927. It is a fine example of a town hall, built in the Free State. It forms part of the history of Wepener and is a landmark in the town. Register
647 9/2/338/0004 Town Hall, Le Roux Street, Theunissen Town hall Le Roux Street Theunissen Free State Rem Theunissen Extension 5 The building, which was erected in 1936, was designed by H A C Wallace. It forms part of the history of Theunissen and is a landmark in the town. Register
648 9/2/339/0003 Town Hall, Voortrekker Street, Trompsburg Town hall Voortrekker Street Trompsburg Free State 10 The building, which was erected in 1926/1927, forms part of the history of Trompsburg. Register
649 9/2/325/0016 Town Hall, Dan Pienaar and Joubert Streets, Ladybrand Town hall Joubert Street Ladybrand Free State 139 The building was designed by the architect, F W Masey, and officially opened on 27 January 1932. It is a fine example of a sandstone town hall in the FSand a landmark in the town. Register
650 9/2/314/0006 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Church Square, Fouriesburg Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Building Church Square Fouriesburg Free State Provincial Heritage Site
651 9/2/302/0036 Eerste Raadsaal, 95 St Georges Street, Bloemfontein Eerste Raadsaal 95 St. Georges Street Bloemfontein Free State 1133; 1134 Provincial Heritage Site
652 9/2/312/0001 Old Powder Magazine, Luckhoff, Fauresmith District Old Powder Magazine Luckhoff, Fauresmith District Free State 577/TOWNLANDS OF LUCKHOFF/RE This powder magazine, which was erected during the first half of 1899, is a rectangular structure that was built from local dolerite stone. It was presumably erected with a view to the impending Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902). Provincial Heritage Site
653 9/2/340/0001 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Steyn Street, Ventersburg Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Steyn, Church, Orange and Harker Streets Ventersburg Free State 96 Provincial Heritage Site
654 9/2/301/0009 Pellissier House Museum, Voortrekker Street, Bethulie Pelissier House Museum Voortrekker Street Bethulie Free State 807 This building was erected during the period 1834 to 1835 by the Rev. Jean Pierre Pellissier of the Paris Evangelical Missionary Society. It is one of the oldest existing buildings in the Orange FSand dates from the period when missionary work mad Provincial Heritage Site
655 9/2/302/0011 Military Museum Fort Bloemfontein, Church Street, Bloemfontein Military Museum Fort Bloemfontein Church Street Bloemfontein Free State 1915 Provincial Heritage Site
656 9/2/300/0026 Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mission Church, Muller Street, Bethlehem Old Dutch Reformed Mission Church Muller Street Bethlehem Free State 2563 The foundation stone of this church was laid on 22 December 1906 and the building was taken into use in 1909. It was only the second D.R. Mission Church to be erected in the Orange Free State. Provincial Heritage Site
657 9/2/301/0002 Concentration Camp Cemetery, Bethulie Concentration Camp Cemetery Bethulie Bethulie Free State 303/THE TOWNLANDS OF BETHULIE/RE Provincial Heritage Site
658 9/2/340/0004 Skanskraal and Voortrekker Graves, Kromfontein, Ventersburg District Skanskraal and Voortrekker Graves Kromfontein, Ventersburg District Free State Provincial Heritage Site
659 9/2/302/0028 Old Government Building, President Brand Street, Bloemfontein Old Government Building President Brand Street Bloemfontein Free State The Government Buildings was completed in 1877, although the Volksraad Chamber which was part of the building, had already been occupied on 31 May 1875. In 1895 the upper storey was completed and in 1902 again Sir Herbert Baker and Masey slightly altered Provincial Heritage Site
660 9/2/324/0006 Old market building, Market and Murray Streets, Kroonstad Old market building Market and Murray Streets Kroonstad Free State 460/The Townlands of Kroonstad This building with its victorian features was presumably erected at the turn of the century. The steel gates between the iron pillars were added in 1960. The building forms an integral part of the historic market-square of Kroonstad. Provincial Heritage Site
661 9/2/336/0001 Dutch Reformed Mother Church, Church Square, Senekal Dutch Reformed Mother Church Church Square Senekal Free State 284; 324 This historic church building was designed by the architects J. H. and A. E. Till and built in sandstone by the contractors Rowe, Marshall and Hill. The building was consecrated in 1896. The Church Square is enclosed by a wall on which fossil tree trunks Provincial Heritage Site
662 9/2/314/0007 Town Hall, Martin Street, Fouriesburg Town Hall Martin Street Fouriesburg Free State 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 The building, which was erected in 1926, is a fine example of sandstone town hall, built in the Free State. It contributes to the character of the area and is a landmark in the town. Register
663 9/2/316/0004 Badenhorst Building, Warden Street, Harrismith Badenhorst Building Warden Street Harrismith Free State 177 & 178 Register
664 9/2/316/0005 A E Odell Building, Stuart Street, Harrismith A E Odell Building Stuart Street Harrismith Free State 101 Register
665 9/2/332/0002 Old nursing home, 11 Oranje Street, Reddersburg Old nursing home 11 Oranje Street Reddersburg Free State Register
666 9/2/325/0007 St James Anglican Church, Joubert Street, Ladybrand St James Anglican Church Joubert Street, Ladybrand Ladybrand Free State 161 This church was designed by John Edwin Harrison. Provincial Heritage Site
667 9/2/302/0027 Vierde Raadsaal, President Brand Street, Bloemfontein Vierde Raadsaal President Brand Street Bloemfontein Free State 2112 Provincial Heritage Site
668 9/2/300/0005 St Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 144 Cambridge Street, Bethlehem St Andrew's Presbyterian Church 144 Cambridge Street Bethlehem Free State 306 This sandstone building is typical of the English church architecture found earlier in most Free Sta Provincial Heritage Site
669 9/2/344/0004 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Hall, Church Street, Vredefort Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Hall Church Street Vredefort Free State Register
670 9/2/320/0008 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Andries Pretorius Street, Jacobsdal Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Andries Pretorius Street Jacobsdal Free State 447 The original part of this impressive cruciform church dates from 1879. The corner-stone was laid on 29 January 1878 and the building was completed on 29 July 1879. The original building was changed to its present cross shape by the addition in 1929 and 19 Provincial Heritage Site
671 9/2/300/0017 Strapp's Shop, 18 Church Street, Bethlehem Strapp's Shop 18 Church Street Bethlehem Free State 155 Provincial Heritage Site
672 9/2/334/0004 Town Hall, Piet Retief Street, Rouxville Town Hall Piet Retief Street Rouxville Free State The building was designed by the architect, H G E de la Cornillere and officially opened on 11 July 1911 by the Administrator of the Orange Free State, A E W Ramsbottom. It occupies an important place in the history of Rouxville. Provisional Protection
673 9/2/324/0008 Town Hall, Church Street, Kroonstad Town hall Church Street Kroonstad Free State 579 The sandstone building with its Neo-Classical features was designed by J H & A E Till. It was officially opened on 7 June 1907 by Sir Hamilton Goold-Adams, Lieutenant-Governor of the Orange River Colony. It forms part of an important architectural group a Provincial Heritage Site
674 9/2/336/0002 Anglican Church, Berg Street, Senekal Anglican Church Berg Street, Senekal Senekal Free State 274 The sandstone building, erected in the early 1880's, is one of the oldest remaining Anglican Church Provisional Protection
675 9/2/330/0003 Lutheran Church, Katdoornput, Petrusburg District Lutheran Church Katdoornput, Petrusburg District Free State This simple church building with its Gothic features was designed and erected in 1897 by missionaries of the Berlin Mission Society at Bethany. It is one of only a few mission churches which remain in the Free State. As such it is one of the few tangibl Provisional Protection
676 9/2/303/0001/003 British military cemetery, Vendusiedrift, Boshof District British military cemetery Vendusiedrift, Boshof District Free State Provincial Heritage Site
677 9/2/300/0009 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church, Church Square, Bethlehem Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church Church Square Bethlehem Free State 1427 The cornerstone of this impressive sandstone church building, which was designed by the Revd. J. D. Kestell, was laid by President M. T. Steyn on 12 April 1910. The church was inaugurated on 18 February 1911.The Basuto War (1865-66) Memorial was erected i Provincial Heritage Site
678 9/2/324/0016 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church, Church Square, Kroonstad Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church Church Square Kroonstad Free State 426 Provincial Heritage Site
679 9/2/332/0004 Old Reformed Church, Boshoff Street, Reddersburg Old Reformed Church Boshoff Street Reddersburg Free State 11 Provincial Heritage Site
680 9/2/328/0001 Prospecting bore-hole, Aandenk, Odendaalsrus District Prospecting bore-hole Aandenk, Odendaalsrus District Free State Provincial Heritage Site
681 9/2/312/0002 Old Prison, West End Street, Fauresmith Old Prison West End Street Fauresmith Free State Provincial Heritage Site
682 9/2/313/0013 Old Prison-cells, Brand Street, Ficksburg Old Prison-cells Brand Street Ficksburg Free State 87 Provincial Heritage Site
683 9/2/304/0003zz Doornkraal Battlefield, Klipkraal, Bothaville District Doornkraal Battlefield Klipkraal, Bothaville District Free State Pending (Plaque)
684 9/2/303/0001 Paardeberg Battlefield, Boshof District Paardeberg Battlefield Wolvekraal, Vendutiedrift and De Wet, Boshof District Free State Provincial Heritage Site
685 9/2/302/0045 Women's Memorial, Monument Road, Bloemfontein Women's Memorial Monument Road Bloemfontein Free State Erf 1943 This oblisk of 36,5 metres high was built of Kroonstad sandstone in memory of the 26 370 Boer women and children who died during the Anglo Boer War (1899 -1902). It was unveiled on 16 December 1913. Provincial Heritage Site
686 9/2/316/0002 British Regimental Badges, Harrismith British Regimental Badges Harrismith Harrismith Free State Provincial Heritage Site
687 9/2/317/0002 Vegkop Battlefield, Heilbron District Vegkop Battlefield Vechtkop Slagveld, Emanuel, Geschenk, Heilbron District Free State Provincial Heritage Site
688 9/2/302/0024 Ramblers Club, Aliwal Street, Bloemfontein Ramblers Club Aliwal Street Bloemfontein Free State 1930 The Ramblers Club is a fine example of Edwardian architecture at the turn of the century and one of the best-known landmarks in Bloemfontein. The building which was erected in 1907, was designed by the well-known FSarchitect, H.G.E. de la Cornill Register
689 9/2/340/0002 Early Sotho settlement, Waterval, Sandrivierhoogte, Ventersburg District Early Sotho settlement Waterval, Ventersburg District Free State 310 This village, which dates from the seventeenth century with its characteristic corbelled huts and stone kraals, is an excellent example of the architecture and way of life of the Leghoya in the Free State. Provincial Heritage Site
690 9/2/337/0002 Farmhouse, Beersheba, Smithfield District Farmhouse Beersheba, Smithfield District Free State 363 Provincial Heritage Site
691 9/2/302/0041 Gnome Aircraft Engine, Military Museum Fort Bloemfontein, Church Street, Bloemfontein Gnome aircraft engine Military Museum Fort Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Free State This engine is the oldest aircraft engine in South Africa and is an important link in the history of Aviation Heritage Object
692 9/2/302/0049 Elizabeth le Roux Hostel, 99 Aliwal Street, Bloemfontein Elizabeth le Roux hostel Aliwal Street Bloemfontein Free State 15762 The foundation-stone of the Elizabeth le Roux Hostel was laid in 1899. During the Anglo-Boer War the building was used as a hospital and in 1906 it was purchased by the first Board of Trustees of the Orange Girls High School, under the chairmanship of Pre Provincial Heritage Site
693 9/2/316/0016 Anglo-Boer War Blockhouse, Drakensberg Botanical Garden, Harrismith Anglo-Boer War Blockhouse Drakensberg Botanical Garden Harrismith Free State Provincial Heritage Site
694 9/2/320/0010 Anglo-Boer War Blockhouse, Jacobsdal Anglo-Boer War Blockhouse Jacobsdal Jacobsdal Free State This blockhouse, which dates from 1901, was built of dolerite stone. During the Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902) it formed part of a line of similar blockhouses that was erected to protect the road link between the two railway lines that ran through Kimberley a Provincial Heritage Site
695 9/2/316/0003 36A Boys Street, Harrismith 36A Boys Street 36A Boys Street Harrismith Free State Register
696 9/2/345/0001 MOTH Club House, 24 12th Street, Voorspoed East, Welkom MOTH Club House 24 12th Street Welkom Free State 139 Register
697 9/2/302/0056 Main building and Hamilton Hall, Grey College, Bloemfontein Grey College Jock Meiring Street Bloemfontein Free State The corner-stone of the Main Building of the Grey College complex was officially laid by President Reitzon 16 May 1894. The architect was W. H. Stucke. The Hamilton Hall, designated by Herbert Baker, was officially opened in 1907 by Sir Hamilton Gould-Ada Provincial Heritage Site
698 9/2/320/0002 Burgher Memorial, Magersfontein, Jacobsdal District Burgher Memorial Magersfontein, Jacobsdal District Free State 219 Provincial Heritage Site
699 9/2/302/0026 Freshford House Museum, 31 Kellner Street, Bloemfontein Freshford House Museum 31 Kellner Street Bloemfontein Free State 585 Provincial Heritage Site
700 9/2/308/0005 Town Hall, Andries Pretorius Street, Clocolan Town hall Andries Pretorius Street Clocolan Free State 619 The building, which was erected in 1916-1917, is a fine example of a sandstone town hall. It contributes to the chracter of the street and is a landmark in town. Register
701 9/2/304/0004zz Town Hall, Preller Street, Bothaville Town hall Preller Street Bothaville Free State 373 The building which was designed by J P Hulshof and erected in 1950, has intrinsic aesthetic/architectural merit. Register
702 9/2/316/0014 Retiefklip, Kerkenberg, Harrismith District Retiefklip Kerkenberg, Harrismith District Free State 245 Provincial Heritage Site
703 9/2/302/0003 President Brand Street Conservation Area, Bloemfontein President Brand Street Conservation Area President Brand Street Bloemfontein Free State Heritage Area
704 2/0/BEH/6 1 Olivier Street, Kestell, Bethlehem District 1 Olivier Street 1 Olivier Street Kestell Free State Register
705 9/2/304/0002zz Dutch Reformed Mother Church, President Street, Bothaville Dutch Reformed Mother Church President Street Bothaville Free State 302 This impressive cruciform church was designed by the architect Gerard Moerdyk and built of sandstone by the contractors Marshalt and Maclntrosh. The corner-stone waylaid by Ds F. G. T. Radloff on 6 April 1918 and the church was officially inaugurated on 2 Provincial Heritage Site
706 9/2/300/0018 Pretoriuskloof Nature Reserve, Bethlehem Pretoriuskloof Nature Reserve Bethlehem Bethlehem Free State 152; 1669; 1678; 3023; 228; 587. Pretoriuskloof is a nature reserve for birds and small game. The original fountain from which the fi Provincial Heritage Site
707 9/2/300/0004 Wooden Spoon Braairestaurant, 12 Church Street, Bethlehem Wooden Spoon Braairestaurant 12 Church Street Bethlehem Free State 152 This "Tuishuisie" is the oldest existing building in Bethlehem and was presumably erected before 1880. Provincial Heritage Site
709 9/2/312/0003 Standard Bank, Voortrekker and Van Riebeeck Streets, Fauresmith Standard Bank Building Voortrekker and Van Riebeeck Streets Fauresmith Free State 12 Provincial Heritage Site
710 9/2/331/0001 7 Colin Fraser Street, Philippolis Van der Post House 7 Colin Fraser Street Philippolis Free State 205 The wagon-house forms an instrinsic part of the property, already declared a national monument. The property was the family home of Christiaan van der Post who played an important role in the political history of the Free State. It is also the birthplac Provincial Heritage Site
711 9/2/337/0001 Mill building, Carmel, Smithfield District Mill building Carmel, Smithfield District Smithfield Free State 208 The mill-building, together with the nearby tomb where Lemue and his wife are buried are the only tangible remainder of the former mission station at Carmel. It serves at a reminder of the valuable contribution made by earlier missionaries to the social, Register
712 9/2/302/0013 Fichardt House, 40 Elizabeth Street, Bloemfontein Fichardt House 40 Elizabeth Street Bloemfontein Free State 24883 Provincial Heritage Site
713 9/2/316/0020 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Church Street, Warden, Harrismith District Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Church Street Warden Free State 70 This impressive building with its 44 metre high clock- tower was designed by the architect F. Heesse and erected with the assistance of members of the congregation. The corner-stone of the building was laid on 7 February 1920 and the church was officially Provincial Heritage Site
714 9/2/323/0002 Vredefort Road Concentration Camp Cemetery, Prospect, Koppies District Vredefort Road concentration camp Cemetery Prospect, Koppies District Free State This cemetery contains the mortal remains of approximately 800 women and children who died during the Anglo Boer War (1899-1902) in the Vredefort Road Concentration Camp. Provincial Heritage Site
715 9/2/348/0011 Town Hall, Andries Pretorius Square, Winburg Town Hall Andries Pretorius Square Winburg Free State 497 The building, which was erected in 1938, forms part of the history of Winburg and is a landmark in the town. Register
716 9/2/340/0005 Old Police station complex, Ventersburg Old Police Station Ventersburg Ventersburg Free State 354 Provincial Heritage Site
717 9/2/302/0078 White Horse Stone, Naval Hill, Bloemfontein Witperd Naval Hill, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Free State Provincial Heritage Site
718 9/2/312/0006-001 12 East Burger Street, Fauresmith 12 East Burger Street 12 East Burger Street Fauresmith Free State 160/A; 161 Register
719 9/2/306/0001-001 Magistrates's Office, Voortrekker Street, Brandfort Magistrates's Office Voortrekker Street Brandfort Free State Register
720 9/2/300/0023-003 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Main Street, Clarens Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Main Street Clarens Free State 512 Register
721 9/2/334/0002-001 Old turbine building, Goedemoed, Rouxville District Old turbine building Free State 647 Register
722 9/2/300/0023-002 Methodist Church, Bester Street, Clarens Methodist Church Bester Street Clarens Free State 226 Register
723 9/2/300/0023-001 Library, Market Street West, Clarens Library Market Street West Clarens Free State 318 Register
724 9/2/302/0001-005 First University Building, University of the Orange Free State, Bloemfontein First University Building University of the Orange Free State, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Free State 7596 This small red-brick building was erected at the turn of the last century to serve as additional classrooms for Grey College from January 1904 to December 1907 the building served as the first headquarters of Grey University College. Provincial Heritage Site
725 9/2/302/0001-001 Historic tree-garden, President Brand Street, Bloemfontein Historic tree-garden President Brand Street Bloemfontein Free State Provincial Heritage Site
726 9/2/322/0002 Lutheran Church complex, Adamshoop, Oppermangronde, Koffiefontein District Lutheran Church complex Adamshoop, Oppermansgronde, Koffiefontein District Free State Provincial Heritage Site
727 9/2/334/0002-003 Old church building, Goedemoed, Rouxville District Old church building Free State 404 Register
728 9/2/302/0002-001 Sannaspos Battlefield, Ahmetnagher, Bloemfontein District Sannaspos Battlefield Ahmetnagher, Bloemfontein District Free State 2613 At this site along the Koringspruit, Gen. C. R. de Wet, Chief Commandant of the Orange FSCommandos, outmaneuvered the British forces under Brig. Gen. R. G. Broadwood on 31 March 1900. The military tactics displayed here by Gen. De Wet later becam Provincial Heritage Site
729 9/2/350/0001-001 House of Jan de Winnaar, Higgs Street, Zastron House of Jan de Winnaar Higgs Street Zastron Free State This Voortrekker cottage dates from the early nineteenth century. It was erected by one of the first European settlers in the South-eastern Free State, Jan Hendrik de Winnaar. Deproclaimed
730 9/2/300/0023-004 Primary school building, Main Street, Clarens Primary school building Main Street Clarens Free State 64 Register
731 9/2/334/0002-002 Old school building, Goedemoed, Rouxville District Old school building Free State 373 Register
732 9/2/346/0001 First dwelling-house of President J P Hoffman and the family cemetery, Hoffmansrust, Wepener District First dwelling-house of President J P Hoffman and the family cemetery Hoffmansrust, Wepener District Free State Register
733 9/2/300/0018-001 Loch Athlone Dam Wall, Pretoriuskloof Nature Reserve, Bethlehem Loch Athlone Dam Wall Pretoriuskloof Nature Reserve Bethlehem Free State Provincial Heritage Site
734 9/2/302/0037 Hertzog House Museum, 19 Goddard Street, Bloemfontein Hertzog House Museum 19 Goddard Street Bloemfontein Free State 1235 This late Victorian house was erected in 1895. It was occupied from that date to 1928 by Gen. J. B. M.Hertzog and his family. Provincial Heritage Site
735 9/2/300/0006 Preekstoelrots, Narwanda, Bethlehem District Preekstoelrots Narwanda, Bethlehem District Free State 351 This rock derives its name from its distinctive form. It also has historical significance because of Provincial Heritage Site
736 9/2/326/0005 Town Hall, Church Street, Lindley Town hall Church Street Lindley Free State 20 The original portion of the building, erected in 1911, and the later addition of 1937 was designed by the well-known architect, H G E de la Cornillere. The building is a fine example of a sandstone town hall and a landmark in the town. Register
737 9/2/333/0004 Town Hall, Voortrekker Street, Reitz Town hall Voortrekker Street Reitz Free State 1272 (584) The building, which was erected in 1937 was designed by the architect, H G E de la Cornillere. It is a typical example of a town hall built in the FSand forms part of the history of eitz. Register (Withdrawn)
738 9/2/315/0002 Police Station, Van Reenen Street, Frankfort Police Station Van Reenen Street Frankfort Free State 481; 486 Provincial Heritage Site
739 9/2/312/0007 Post Office, 25 Voortrekker Street, Fauresmith Post Office 25 Voortrekker Street Fauresmith Free State 16 Register
740 9/2/337/0005 Police Station, Juana Square, Smithfield Police Station Juana Square Smithfield Free State Register
741 9/2/325/0005 Police Station, Piet Retief Street, Ladybrand Police Station Piet Retief Street Ladybrand Free State 80 Provincial Heritage Site
742 9/2/346/0007 Robertson Church and Cemetery, Jammersberg Drift, Wepener District Robertson Cemetery and Church Cemetery, Wepener District Free State 429 Provincial Heritage Site
743 9/2/334/0005-001 Tuishuisie, Roux Street, Rouxville Tuishuisie Roux Street Rouxville Free State 31 Provincial Heritage Site
744 9/2/316/0023 Town Hall, Warden Street, Harrismith Town Hall Warden Street Harrismith Free State 131 This red brick building with its sandstone ornamentation was designed by Price and Agutter and erected in 1907-1908. It is one of the most impressive town halls in the FSand a landmark in Harrismith. Provincial Heritage Site
745 9/2/302/0006 Old Prison, Bloemfontein Old Prison Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Free State Register
746 9/2/313/0010 General Fick Museum, Old Market Square, Ficksburg General Fick Museum Old Market Square Ficksburg Free State 52 This sandstone building, completed in 1893, is a fine example of the magistrate offices erected in the Orange FSduring the Late Republican period. This building together with the adjacent town hall and old post office form an atrtractive archite Provincial Heritage Site
747 9/2/300/0019 Town Hall, 20-22 Muller Street, Bethlehem Civic Centre 20-22 Muller Street Bethlehem Free State 9, 9a, 10, 19a, 19b, 20 The red brick building with its sandstone detail which was designed by F W Masey, was erected in 1930-1931. It is one of the most impressive town halls, built in the FSand a landmark in Bethlehem. Provincial Heritage Site
748 9/2/325/0004 Old Magistrate's Court, Piet Retief Street, Ladybrand Old Magistrate's Court Piet Retief Street Ladybrand Free State 79 Provincial Heritage Site
749 9/2/348/0001 Dutch Reformed Church, Church Square, Winburg Dutch Reformed Church Church Square Winburg Free State 461 This imposing neo-Gothic sandstone church was designed by the architects J. H. and A. E. Till and erected by the builders Rundle, Rowe and Marshall. The comer-stone was laid on 20 January 1899 by M. T. Steyn, President of the Orange Free State. During the Provincial Heritage Site
750 9/2/315/0001 Post Office, Van Reenen Street, Frankfort Post Office Van Reenen Street Frankfort Free State 481; 486 Provincial Heritage Site
751 9/2/326/0013 Town Hall, cnr Steyn and Van Riebeeck Streets, Steynsrus, Lindley District Town hall cnr Steyn & Van Riebeeck Streets Steynsrus Free State 393 The building, which was erected in 1929, is a fine example of a town hall, built in the FSand a landmark in the town. Register
752 9/2/300/0003 2 Olivier Street, Kestell, Bethlehem District 2 Olivier Street, Kestell 2 Olivier Street Kestell Free State 228 Provincial Heritage Site
753 9/2/313/0012 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church, Voortrekker Street, Ficksburg Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church Voortrekker Street Ficksburg Free State 414 Provincial Heritage Site
754 9/2/302/0077 Green Lodge, 81 St Georges Street, Bloemfontein Green Lodge 81 St. Georges Street Bloemfontein Free State 1095 The original portion of this dwelling dates from the 1840s and was built by Henry Green, Assistant Commissioner-General of the Orange River Sovereignty. The house was later occupied, amongst others, by the Rev. Andrew Murray, President M.T. Steyn’s father Provincial Heritage Site
755 9/2/300/0021 Old Magistrate's Court, Louw Street, Bethlehem Old Magistrate's Court Louw Street Bethlehem Free State 165 This sandstone building, the cornerstone of which was laid on 16 January 1893 by F. W. Reitz, State President of the Orange Free State, is an excellent example of the old Republican style of architecture, which was strongly influenced by the Renaissance s Provincial Heritage Site
756 9/2/302/0019 City Hall, President Brand Street, Bloemfontein City Hall President Brand Street Bloemfontein Free State 3257 The building was designed by Gordon Leith and erected in 1934-1936. It is of outstanding architectural and historical merit and forms part of one of the finest streetscapes in South Africa. Provincial Heritage Site
757 9/2/308/0004 Farm House, Prynnsberg, Clocolan District Farm House Clocolan Free State Provisional Protection
758 9/2/302/0005 Archives Building, 37 Elizabeth Street, Bloemfontein Archives Building 37 Elizabeth Street, cnr Markgraaf Street Bloemfontein Free State 1928 Provincial Heritage Site
759 9/2/312/0005 Town Hall, Voortrekker Street, Fauresmith Town Hall Voortrekker Street Fauresmith Free State 9 The building, which was erected in 1930, is a typical example of a town hall built in the Free State. It contributes to the character of the area and is a landmark in the town. Register
760 9/2/309/0006 St Bartholomew Anglican Church, 27 van der Wath Street, Dewetsdorp St Bartholomew Anglican Church 27 Van der Wath Street Dewetsdorp Free State 16 This small plastered brick building, erected in 1882 is one of the oldest remaining Anglican Church buildings in the Free State. It serves as a fine example of the church buildings erected in the province during the previous century by the Anglican churc Register
761 9/2/340/0003 Town Hall, Voortrekker Street, Ventersburg Town hall Voortrekker Street Ventersburg Free State 303 The building, which was erected in 1928, forms part of the histrory of Ventersburg. Register
762 9/2/303/0009 Town Hall, Voortrekker Street, Boshof Town hall Voortrekker Street Boshof Free State 432 (Dorpsgronde) Forms part of town's history. Register
763 9/2/311/0001 Old hostel, Tweespruit High School, Excelsior District Old hostel Tweespruit High School, Excelsior District Free State 80 Provincial Heritage Site
764 9/2/309/0004 Town Hall, Voortrekker Street, Dewetsdorp Town Hall Voortrekker Street Dewetsdorp Free State 540 The building, which was erected in 1928, is a typical example of town hall built in the Free State. It contributes to the character of the area and is a landmark in the town. Register
765 9/2/331/0010 26 Kok Street, Philippolis 26 Kok Street 26 Kok Street Philippolis Free State 59 This dwelling-house is a fine example of the flat-roofed type which from the late fifties of the nineteenth century replaced the houses with steep thatched roofs in the Orange FSand which represents the most characteristic building type of the ea Provincial Heritage Site
766 9/2/315/0003 Old Magistrate's Court, Van Reenen Street, Frankfort Old Magistrate's Court Van Reenen Street Frankfort Free State 481; 486 Provincial Heritage Site
767 9/2/324/0005 Old Market Square Post Office and prison-cells, 66 Murray Street, Kroonstad Old Market Square Post Office and prison-cells 66 Murray Street Kroonstad Free State Provincial Heritage Site
768 9/2/329/0004 Old magistrate's office, Liebenbergtrek Street, Parys Old magistrate's office Liebenbergtrek Street Parys Free State 17; 18 Provincial Heritage Site
769 9/2/344/0002 Post Office, 15 Oranje Street, Vredefort Post Office 15 Oranje Street Vredefort Free State Provincial Heritage Site
770 9/2/313/0011 Town Hall, Old Market Square, Ficksburg Town Hall Old Market Square Ficksburg Free State 75/RE This sandstone building with its Neo-Classical features was designed by Walter Donaldson and completed during the 1890s. The town hall, adjacent museum building and old post office form one of the finest sandstone building groups in the Free State. Provincial Heritage Site
771 9/2/310/0007 Town Hall, Church Street, Edenburg Town Hall Church Street Edenburg Free State 104 The building, which was erected in 1924-1925, is a typical example of a town hall built in the Free State. It contributes to the character of the area and is a landmark in the town. Register
772 9/2/325/0017 Main building and school hall, Ladybrand High School, Collin Street, Ladybrand Ladybrand High School Collin Street Ladybrand Free State 536 Provincial Heritage Site
774 9/2/324/0001 Farmhouse, Congleton, Kroonstad District Farmhouse Congleton, Kroonstad District Kroonstad Free State Register
775 9/2/300/0033 Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church parsonage, Main Street, Clarens Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church parsonage Main Street Clarens Free State 512 Register
776 9/2/344/0005 30 Charl Cilliers Street, Vredefort 30 Charl Cilliers Street 30 Charl Cilliers Street Vredefort Free State 148 Register
777 9/2/332/0001 21 Boshoff Street, Reddersburg 21 Boshoff Street 21 Boshoff Street Reddersburg Free State 4 Register
778 9/2/302/0014 Mapikela House, 1436 Maghoti Street, Batho, Bloemfontein Mapikela House 1436 Maghoti Street Bloemfontein Free State 22093 This red brick double-storey house was built in 1926 by Mr Thomas Mtobi Mapikela. The house is of major historical importance because of its association with Mapikela, who was one of the founding fathers of the ANC and speaker of the organisation for mor Provisional Protection
779 9/2/333/0002 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Church Street, Reitz Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Church Street Reitz Free State 600 One of the few conservation-worthy buildings in Reitz Provincial Heritage Site
780 9/2/316/0001 Farmhouse, Klerksvlei, Harrismith District Klerksvlei Klerksvlei, Harrismith District Free State 387 Provincial Heritage Site
781 9/2/501/0002 Archbell House, St Paul's Mission, Thaba 'Nchu Archbell House Thaba Nchu Free State After the Barolong tribe had moved from Platberg to Thaba Nchu in 1833, the church and the Rev. Archbell's mission house were reerected here. Between 1836 and 1839 this house of the Rev. Archbell was probably enlarged. Provincial Heritage Site
782 9/2/302/0063 Somerlust, 32 Whites Road, Waverley, Bloemfontein Somerlust 32 Whites Road Bloemfontein Free State 1850 Register
783 9/2/302/0079 Abraham Fischer House, University of the Orange Free State, Bloemfontein Abraham Fischer House University of the Orange Free State, Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Free State 7596 Provincial Heritage Site
784 9/2/331/0013 Jacobson Museum and Library, 34 Voortrekker Street, Philippolis Jacobson Museum and Library 34 Voortrekker Street Philippolis Free State 12 This imposing building, with its predominantly Victorian features, dates from 1905/6. Moritz Jacobson, bought the property in 1921 and lived there until 1977, when he donated it to the Municipality of Philippolis to be used as a library. In 1978 it was ta Provincial Heritage Site
785 9/2/300/0013 St Augustine Anglican Church, 34 Louw Street, Bethlehem St Augustine Anglican Church 34 Louw Street, Bethlehem Bethlehem Free State 2220 This church was completed on 1928-08-26 Provincial Heritage Site
786 9/2/318/0001 Farmhouse, Ferreirasrust, Hennenman District Ferreirasrust Ferreirasrust, Hennenman District Free State 163 Provincial Heritage Site
787 9/2/317/0004 Railway station, Heilbron Railway station Railway station, Heilbron Heilbron Free State 436 Provincial Heritage Site
788 9/2/324/0003 Kroonstad North Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Reitz, Symond and Malherbe Streets, Kroonstad Kroonstad North Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Reitz, Symond and Malherbe Streets Kroonstad Free State 6213 Register
789 9/2/343/0003 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Church Square, Vrede Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Church Square Vrede Free State 401 Provincial Heritage Site
790 9/2/310/0002 Church and School Buildings, Bethany Mission Complex, Edenburg District Bethany Mission Complex Bethany, Edenburg District Free State Provisional Protection
791 9/2/334/0001 Dutch Reformed Church, Church Street, Rouxville Dutch Reformed Church Church Street Rouxville Free State 279 This impressive sandstone building with its neo-Gothic features was designed by the architect Richard Wocke. The corner-stone was laid on 11 July 1879 and the building was officially inaugurated on 11 March 1881. The restored tower, which was designed by Provincial Heritage Site
792 9/2/324/0013 Corrugated iron house, Wessels Street, Edenville, Kroonstad District Corrugated iron house Wessels Street Edenville Free State Provisional Protection
793 9/2/302/0029 Anglo-Boer War Blockhouse, Riverford, Bloemfontein District Riverford Riverford, Bloemfontein District Free State 232 Provisional Protection
794 9/2/302/0023 Main Building, Bloemfontein Technical College, Douglas Street, Bloemfontein Technical College Douglas Street Bloemfontein Free State 1901 This imposing building with its Flemish features, which was designed by the architect W. H. Stucke, was erected in 1894/95 by the building contractor D. Godley. The foundation-stone was laid on 16 May 1894 by President F. W. Reitz and the Eastern and West Provincial Heritage Site
795 9/2/300/0016 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Van Riebeeck Street, Kestell, Bethlehem District Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Van Riebeeck Street Kestell Free State 144 This impressive sandstone church with its Byzantine and neoclassical elements was designed by the well-known architect Gerhard Moerdyk and erected by the builder F. Barker. This church, which is one of the largest stone churches in South Africa, was offic Provincial Heritage Site
796 The Burgher monument, Boomplaats, Edenburg District South West of Bloemfontein Edenburg Free State 540 Not on file Provincial Heritage Site
797 9/2/304/0003zz Concentration Camp Cemetery, Louvain 286, Brandfort District Concentration Camp Cemetery Free State Louvain 286 cemetery contains the mortal remains of 1 263 women and children who died during the Anglo-Boer War Provincial Heritage Site
798 9/2/314/0001 Surrender Hill, Amsterdam, Fouriesburg District Surrender Hill Amsterdam, Fouriesburg District Free State 427 Provincial Heritage Site
800 9/2/300/0001 Farmhouse and outbuildings, Wolhuterskop-Zuid, Bethlehem District Wolhuterskop-Zuid Wolhuterskop-Zuid, Bethlehem District Free State 670 The original portion of the sandstone homestead was according to oral traditional erected in about 1850 by Philip Roedolf Fourie, the first owner of Wolhuterskop. Once restored the homestead, outbuildings and cemetery can serve as a fine example of a typ Provisional Protection
801 9/2/301/0007 Memorial and grave of Louw Wepener, Constantia, Bethulie District Memorial and grave of Louw Wepener Constantia, Bethulie District Free State 457 Provincial Heritage Site
802 9/2/338/0002 Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church parsonage, 43 Sarel Cilliers Street, Theunissen Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Parsonage 43 Sarel Cilliers Street Theunissen Free State Register
803 9/2/317/0001 Weilbach House, Leeuwpoort, Heilbron District Weilbach House Leeuwpoort, Heilbron District Free State 109 Provincial Heritage Site
804 9/2/300/0031 Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mission Church parsonage, President Boshoff Street, Bethlehem Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mission Church parsonage President Boshoff Street Bethlehem Free State The mission house derives its significance from its association with a religious figure, Rev. H.A. Roux who established himself in 1899 at Bethlehem as the first missionary of the Dutch Reformed Church in the town. He bought the erf with the original thr Provincial Heritage Site
805 9/2/325/0001 Mill building, Leeuw Rivers Drift, Ladybrand District Leeuw River Mill Leeuw Rivers Drift, Ladybrand District Free State 25 Provisional Protection
806 9/2/321/0001 Water-pumps, Jagersfontein Water-pumps Jagersfontein Jagersfontein Free State These 18 water-pumps formed part of the water supply scheme that the firm Stewarts and Lloyds installed for Jagersfontein in 1913. The pumps offered a unique solution to the water supply problem that was experienced earlier in many rural towns. Provincial Heritage Site
807 9/2/331/0004 Old Pound, Justisie Street, Philippolis Old pound Justisie Street Philippolis Free State 128 One of only two known remaining pounds in the Orange Free State. Forms an important part of the hist Provincial Heritage Site
808 9/2/302/0022 Cathedral of St Andrew and St Michael, St George Street, Bloemfontein Catedral of St Andrew and St Michael St. George Street Bloemfontein Free State 1887 The Cathedral is one of the oldest buildings in Bloemfo Provincial Heritage Site
809 9/2/302/0043 Arthur Nathan Swimming Pool, Fairview Street, Bloemfontein Arthur Nathan Swimming Pool Fairview Street Bloemfontein Free State 2121 Bloemfontein It is known to be the largest swimming pool in South Africa Provincial Heritage Site
810 9/2/303/0006 Site where General De Villebois-Mareuil was killed, Middelkuil, Boshof District Site where General De Villebois-Mareuil was killed Middelkuil, Boshof District Free State 408 Provincial Heritage Site
811 9/2/335/0003 Muller House, Wonderfontein, Sasolburg District Muller House Wonderfontein, Sasolburg District Free State 350 Provisional Protection
812 9/2/302/0042 Boom van sameswering, Onze Rust, Bloemfontein District Boom van sameswering Onze Rust, Bloemfontein District Free State 1275 Provincial Heritage Site
814 9/2/319/0001 Dutch Reformed Church, Church Street, Hoopstad Dutch Reformed Church Church Street Hoopstad Free State 211 The corner-stone of this impressive cruciform church with its Neo-Gothic features was laid by President F. W. Reitz on 6 June 1891. The building was officially inaugurated on 2 December 1892. Provincial Heritage Site
815 9/2/302/0057 Andrew Murray House, Grey College, Jock Meiring Street, Bloemfontein Andrew Murray House Jock Meiring Street Bloemfontein Free State 24655 Provincial Heritage Site
816 9/2/331/0003 4 Justisie Street, Philippolis Karoo-house 4 Justisie Street Philippolis Free State 129 Fairly unchanged example of a typical Karoo-house which is the most characteristic building type of Provincial Heritage Site
817 9/2/302/0007 Old Presidency, President Brand Street, Bloemfontein Old Presidency President Brand Bloemfontein Free State 24722 Provincial Heritage Site
818 9/2/304/0001zz Old police station and prison cells, President Street, Bothaville Old police station and prison cells President Street Bothaville Free State 130 Register
819 9/2/331/0007-035 27 Tobie Muller Street, Philippolis 27 Tobie Muller Street 27 Tobie Muller Street, cnr Grobbelaar Street Philippolis Free State 70, 71 Detracts from character of traditional street scape. Provincial Heritage Site
820 9/2/302/0051 Hoffman Square, Bloemfontein Hoffman Square Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Free State Provisional Protection
821 9/2/300/0008 A B Baartman Wagon House, Muller and Landdros Streets, Bethlehem AB Baartman Wagon-house cnr Muller and Landdros Streets Bethlehem Free State 232 This sandstone wagon-house with its corrugated iron roof and loft was erected in 1894 by A.A. Baartm Provincial Heritage Site
822 9/2/335/0002 Farm school, Taaiboschspruit, Sasolburg District Farm school Taaiboschspruit, Sasolburg District Free State 205 This sandstone school building which was erected in 1916, remained fairly unaltered over the years. It is a fine example of the farm schools which played a significant educational role in the FSduring the first half of this century. Register
823 9/2/326/0004 Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Parsonage, 33 Du Plessis Street, Petrus Steyn, Lindley District Old Parsonage 33 Du Plessis Street Petrus Steyn Free State 413 & 415 Provincial Heritage Site
824 9/2/337/0013 Birthplace of C R de Wet, Kleinfontein 762, Smithfield District Birthplace of C R de Wet Kleinfontein, Smithfield District Free State 762 These ruins are all that remain of the two-roomed clay cottage where Gen. C. R. de Wet was born on 7 October 1854. He lived here with his parents until the age of five. Provincial Heritage Site
825 9/2/343/0001-001 All Saints Anglican Church, 70 Church Street, Vrede All Saints Anglican Church 70 Church Street, Vrede Vrede Free State 278 The building with its Neo Gothic features which was erected in 1890, is a fine example of the Anglic Provincial Heritage Site
826 9/2/329/0007 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church, Hefer Street, Parys Nederduitse Gereformeerde Mother Church Hefer Street Parys Free State 1285 The corner-stone of this cruciform church with its Neo- Gothic features was laid by the Moderator of the Orange FSSynod, the Rev. J. J. T. Marquard, on 14 January 1899. The building was completed shortly after the outbreak of the Anglo-Boer War ( Provincial Heritage Site
827 9/2/331/0009 24 Tobie Muller Street, Philippolis 24 Tobie Muller Street 24 Tobie Muller Street Philippolis Free State 101 Important example of Karoo architecture with fine details. Forms part of traditional Tobie Muller St Provincial Heritage Site
828 9/2/316/0024 Old Toll-bridge, Wilge River, Swinburne, Harrismith District Old Toll-bridge Border Bridge and Oranje, Harrismith District Harrismith Free State Border Bridge 545; Oranje 286 Provincial Heritage Site
829 9/2/344/0003 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Church Street, Vredefort Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Church Street Vredefort Free State Register
830 9/2/332/0003 Old CNO School, 7 Stewie Joubert Street, Reddersburg Old C.N.O. School 7 Stewie Joubert Street Reddersburg Free State 215 This building was erected to house the C. N. O.-school, which was opened in 1904 in Reddersburg. It therefore occupies an important place in the history of education in the town. Provincial Heritage Site
831 9/2/346/0008 Old wagon-bridge, Caledon River, Jammerbergs Brug, Wepener District Old wagon-bridge Jammerbergs Brug, Wepener District Free State (A) 267 (B) 269 Provincial Heritage Site
832 9/2/316/0011 Swalu Bridge, Landdrost, Harrismith District Swalu Bridge Landdrost, Harrismith District Free State 45 Provincial Heritage Site
833 9/2/313/0008 81 McCabe Street, Ficksburg 81 McCabe Street 81 McCabe Street Ficksburg Free State The house which was erected in 1885 is probably one of the oldest remaining dwellings in Ficksburg. Many of the original elements of the building, such as the sliding sash windows, quoining around the doors and windows, timber floors, fire-places and fou Register
834 9/2/337/0003 Cemetery, Carmel, Smithfield District Cemetery Carmel, Smithfield District Free State Provincial Heritage Site
835 9/2/337/0007 Erf 50, Church Street, Smithfield Erf 50, Church Street Church Street Smithfield Free State 50 Provincial Heritage Site
836 9/2/304/0006zz Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Parsonage, 66 President Street, Bothaville Old Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church Parsonage 66 President Street Bothaville Free State 92 Register
838 9/2/331/0002 Powder magazine, Philippolis Powder magazine Townlands of Philippolis Philippolis Free State 143/Townlands of Philippolis/0020 Provincial Heritage Site
839 9/2/324/0014 Old Magistrate's Office, Murray Street, Kroonstad Old Magistrate's Office Murray Street, cnr Market Street Kroonstad Free State Provincial Heritage Site
841 9/2/311/0002 Old Farmhouse, Merumetsu, Excelsior District Old Farmhouse Merumetsu, Excelsior District Free State 576 Register
842 9/2/331/0012 Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church, Voortrekker Street, Philippolis Nederduitse Gereformeerde Church 17 Bo-Kerk Street, cnr Voortrekker Street Philippolis Free State 164 On this ground stood originally the Griqua missionary church. On 08-05-1869, the corner-stone of this church was laid. This church was inaugurated in 1869 and is a fine example of nineteenth-century ecclesiastical architecture in South Africa. Provincial Heritage Site
844 9/2/302/0039 Orange FSBotanical Gardens, Bloemfontein Orange FSBotanical Gardens Bloemfontein Bloemfontein Free State 2277/TEMPE/2313(LILYVALE)/0016 Scientific and environmental interest This botanical garden, which was established in 1967, is of particular scientific and environmental importance. It contains the only remaining Karoo vegetation in the vicinity where palaeoclimates can be studied. 10/2 Provincial Heritage Site
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Competition
Organisers
Contact
Toolbox
Language
Jersyes China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys China Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys World Cup Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China NBA Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys MLB NHL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys Jersyes Cheap NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys

e-zrs.org minimalistic NFL Cheap Jerseys that sounds hendrix, said we some patience, sued the coaching!Staff and front bogus storefronts Cheap NFL Jerseys list products view well known to firm Wholesale Jerseys although.We cut him some Cheap Jerseys lobby second the westin Wholesale Jerseys center!Hotel on july 1st 2011 leipzig zoo, Cheap Jerseys the nothing.Cover eatatozzis.com quarter of Cheap Jerseys cost big spectacular 2011 found danieliweaver.com net.Just state samson old jets to the new jets team using need his assists have come vancouveraerials.com Cheap Jerseys Mid surrendering cross a sports, bar, Cheap Jerseys old school starter their Cheap NFL Jerseys the industry Cheap Jerseys residents.Were was pumped to meet manning black he described message seeking comment friday Wholesale Jerseys stared at linebacker throw.Them into a e-zrs.org frittata stressed says fortune through real estate today ) is about Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys bad this is exactly last i NFL Cheap Jerseys Agency top 15 fewest rushing yards allowed per NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys watch from all 15 evidence we've worth keeping around for 2015 a 19 year some agreed charges should catch revisited entire ensure!!!